UPDATE ON JUAN KNUCKLEHEAD

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuanKnucklehead

Reaction score
Not sure if this is where to put this, But if it isnt I am sure the Mods will either move it or take it down and tell me where to move it to.
I realize most here dont know me or my circumstances, so ill post my original post at the bottom.
I have solved my problem, In a weird way. Forgive me, this will prolly be long winded, but it has fallen together in the last couple days (well we talked a little, but the details just got done) and im pretty excited. I am still losing my apt in Feb. But what was a hit to the head & while not panicking, I really did not like the idea of being forced into my van. By choice is on thing, but forced is a whole different game.
But tomato/tomaato, im out of a place to stay, 
Me and my friend of 20 years were talking, He owns 5 acres way the hell out in the country (we have lived together and traveled together, we know how to get along)  He is so far out in the country there is more cows and dogs than people, you literally have to take 3 dirt roads to just get to the mile long dirt driveway, Well he said "Shoot knucklehead, Feb is 1 month b4 planting season starts (a certain green plant is legal here in okla) I am working full time now building greenhouses, Dad is just getting to old and tries hard, but well, you know, Sam (his wife) doesnt want to do everything by herself. Why dont you just take the back 40? (about 1 acre) and my old chevy (95 travel van, used to be nice) You can park it out there, set up a fire pit & a couple canopies & live in the Chevy & see just how much you like living in the woods in a freaking van (he is so far out in the country, it might as well be Ntl. Forrest & thinks van living is kinda silly lol) You can help Sam & Dad in the greenhouse this spring and summer for your rent, that way i dont feel guilty for going to work & throwing the greenhouse on them. And then you can build your van right. Take all year to do it right.  And if Arizona still looks good next fall, Go then, Spend the winter there and when winter is over, come home to Okla and help out in the greenhouse the next year" 
The more i think on it, the better sense it makes, It gives me a year to actually live out of a van (but still have bathroom privilege's) Live in the Chevy van and spend a year (well Feb to Oct/Nov) building out my minivan & doing it right.
 Makes way better sense than jerking my seats, throwing in a cot and heading out to Az with a tank of gas and $700....
IDK, I was here (in the forums) a few weeks back and then kind of disappeared, I figured i ow it to all 2 of you that care, lol,  to let yall know what happened.
That and i am excited, i will be in a van, honing my skills, ill have somewhat a job, ill be able to do a real build b4 i leave & still have approx 3k saved b4 i leave out for my new life. 

My original post:
Hey Yall, Im The Knucklehead (age 53) Dont let me around your wiring or paint, lololol
 I am no stranger to the streets, But like most have spent my time indoors, Because I am disabled with time on my hands so I bought a 07 Honda van just for me & the kids to go camping and generally kick it around here in Oklahoma.  I landed my van about 6mo ago with the sole intention of that, First thing I did was start watching van dwelling/conversion videos, And of course that led to Bob Wells and that "Rabbit Hole"
Well 3 weeks ago I was informed that the Apt. Complex here was doing away with Sec 8. As leases come up, They are just not renewing them. Well I could go to another place, BUT no, I have seen and heard the horror stories over there, I am not going to do it. So thats it in a nutshell, I have about 6mo to get a van ready to live in and Christmas is done even b4 it started, Thank God (than you lord) I get along with my X very well (we live a mile apart) The kids just will now stay at Moms full time instead of  back n forth/willy-nilly like it is now. 
THats it in a nutshell , Boo-Hoo, its not a uncommon story and i am not crying, it is what it is, On the positive, I have a few months, I have a van & I have a steady income & I can shower & poop at my x wifes house,,,,,Anybody around the okc metro let a SOBER brother pull up & plug in his Jackery, lol

P.S. I used to belong to a group that posted like this format & i really liked it, Too bad the trolls destroyed the site, that said, considering my new found situation & between the info (and hopefully friends made) i can gain from this site & I do like this posting format,,Y'all will prolly see me around here a lot, if you will have me

Sounds good. I hope it all works out for you. I also hope you enjoy the van living part of it all.

I sounds pretty good to me, too. You will get some experience with the van, the land, and save some money.
I bet you will like it and come back next year. I would.

That’s really great. Keep us updated.

JuanKnucklehead said:
thank you, bottom line? I'll spend a year doing it right instead of all willy nilly and not taking care of details
WoW,,I know your youtube channel, I just went and left you a comment. 
Thank you for commenting here & for sure ill keep yall updated & you and keep making videos, Ill go follow you right now on youtube

Sofisintown said:
I sounds pretty good to me, too. You will get some experience with the van, the land, and save some money.
I bet you will like it and come back next year. I would.
That is the plan, thank you for the encouragement