Wall covering thanks in advance for all of your ideas.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radad Nomad

Reaction score
I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this is been asked before. Does anyone have thoughts on laminate flooring for the walls of a van? Thanks in advance for all of your ideas. :D

Why use something that heavy? Weight effects your gas mileage.

Depends on the vehicle walls and the type of laminate. Are you talking sheet laminate or narrow strips? What will you use to fasten the laminate?
Are you insulating the walls?

Easier to answer with some additional info please.

Radad Nomad, go to the "Newcomers corner" and give us an intro and we will give you an official welcome with all the trimmings. highdesertranger

Matlock said:
Depends on the vehicle walls and the type of laminate. Are you talking sheet laminate or narrow strips? What will you use to fasten the laminate?
Are you insulating the walls?

Easier to answer with some additional info please.
 I was thinking of the strip laminate and fasten it with screws. I know the strip laminate is not meant to be screwed down and that is my question as to how it would hold up I haven’t really checked out the weight yet , So that could be a problem

Depending on the laminate, it will swell when it gets wet (from a propane heater?).