Waiting.....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyShadowandMe

Reaction score
I am new to this forum but I am not new to CheapRVLiving! I have been watching and learning for over two years. Sorry for such a long post but it is my story. I hope it prints okay. I have a degenerative condition that has caused me to have to put life on hold so many times. Surgery after surgery. After 3 back surgeries and 7 hip surgeries I thought I was finally going to get to make my move. My total focus was on vandwelling. Then one night a thought slammed into my head that I had to take care of my father. My Dad & I talked into the wee hours of the morning so many nights about vandwelling and how right it was for me. I call him and asked if he needed my help yet and he didn't think so. But, he said, if you want, you can come out and I can help you build your van. AWESOME!!!! I decide to do it. I started getting ready to go and on 4/15/18 I get a phone call. Dad went into diabetic shock. Blood sugar went from 120 to 1170. They didn't know why he was still alive. I know why. He was waiting for me. I threw those things I didn't think I could live without into a storage unit and walked away from everything else and by 4/20 I was sitting in his bedroom. I left my furniture behind still in my apartment. On 7/10/18 he passed away. My mom, who has been with him since she was 12, still lives, but it is not a kindness. She is in a "Skilled Nursing Facility" at over $10,000 a month. So, I still have to wait on what my heart desires most and take care of the nightmare that they promised not to leave me with, their house and forty years of "stuff" stuffed into it. I have to sell the house and everything in it to pay for her care. Most of this I have to do alone. (Hopefully my evil brother from Iowa will get lost along with his truck)  I also have at least two more surgeries, one on each hand. So, I wait and watch and dream and learn while the years slip by. I am now 62 and don't have all that many left. But I do know that it WILL happen. Maybe in a few months I will be able to walk up to one of you kind souls and say, "Hi there! My name is Melinda! And I am finally here and I am so happy to meet you and so is Shadow (my service dog - a Newfoundoodle!) Oh, and WHERE IS BOB?!!!!! See Ya!  :cool:

welcome to the forum. i wish you well on your health issues and hope your dreams
eventually materialize. i am definitely still working on mine as well.
jim

Welcome Melinda to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

It'll be worth the wait. I've dealt with much the same. Surgery after surgery and taking care of my parents and their possessions. Every time I get back on the road one or the other takes me off the road. This year it's a new hip. I'm counting the days until I can get back out there.

Hold fast to dreams...

Speedy recovery Cyndi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyndi said:
It'll be worth the wait. I've dealt with much the same. Surgery after surgery and taking care of my parents and their possessions. Every time I get back on the road one or the other takes me off the road. This year it's a new hip. I'm counting the days until I can get back out there.

Hold fast to dreams...

Hi Cindi I am learning the ropes. Never been on a forum before. But thanks. All that keeps me going is better now than later!!! Have you had to recover while on the road??