Vulnerability

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Journeyman said:
This has been a great topic. I agree with yesican, I find that putting the past behind me has been the hardest part and for now I feel that I have finally done that, for the most part.&nbsp;<br />But now a new fear arises, what happens if my van breaks down and no money to repair it, this has occasionally come up. I will not let this stop me, I will not let this stop me..........&nbsp;<br />This is the only place that i can think of where I have felt like I truly fit in. I think that a large part of it is the people on here and our similar goals. This is a place where we can speak our thoughts and feelings without fear of retribution or ridicule. And we all have a lot to say. We are all trying to escape a world of people who don't understand. Nor do they try. Though I love my family, we no longer connect. And I can no longer live my life to keep them happy. My happiness is out there. And I am going seek my dream.<br />Sorry about the ranting, I needed to get that out.
<br /><br /><br />I use to worry about the what ifs, but then i realized that you can,t control them. Ive had mechanical problems/breakdowns and use to get mad, upset. Then i realized its just a machine made by a man and can be repaired and made to work again. Vulnerability is everything. Allowing oneself to be vulnerable is how we show others our genuine self. I try to let life flow through me, rather than try to control it. We can,t do anything about the past and we have all done things, said things we regret, but we should forgive ourselves and move forward doing out best. This notion of perfection is un obtainable and in my opinion shouldn,t be strived for anyway. Im trying to live honestly and simply, let life flow unchecked.

Kevinr - awesome post thanks for sharing!<br /><br />sl1966 - you are so very pretty! Sending you a virtual hug - exploding breasts not included! <br /><br />Katie - Acceptance yes! This is an awesome place, very accepting and forgiving in most cases... So awesome! <br /><br />saidat202 - I think you are precisely right! I am looking at the girl in the mirror - I'm asking her to change her ways...<br /><br />Me - I am a work in progress! Be kind! <br /><br /><br />yes, I talk to myself... what?

This is a great topic. And describes what makes this group so great.&nbsp; EVERYONE needs a pat on the back or a hug occasionally (even virtual), Even those of us who could give a tinker's damn what another person thinks about us. In a society were everyone is defined by image. Those people generally stand alone, unless they find a group of like minded people. That group is here.

Latest posts