Vtwinkicker van build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
watersupply.JPG
fridgebox.JPG
waterjugholder.JPG
Here's a few more pics. I added a bungie to the water jug holder to keep it in place. The jug is a snug fit, especially when full of water. I originally was going to remove it while driving then realized that would be a pain detaching the hose everytime.

I built a plywood box to elevate the fridge to counter height and to take advantage of what would have been wasted space leaving the fridge on the floor.

I also attached the hose from the water jug to the sink. I cut a block of maple and drilled a hole for the hose and screwed it to the countertop for a "faucet".

Attachments

• waterjugholder.JPG
    waterjugholder.JPG
    1.3 MB
  • fridgebox.JPG
    fridgebox.JPG
    1.6 MB
  • watersupply.JPG
    watersupply.JPG
    1.7 MB
Nice build. I had sliding doors in my old Four Wheel pop up. I put a velcro tab on the frame, and the other side on the door cut long so it looked like a tongue. when the doors slid closed the tongue attached to the tab on the frame to keep the door from sliding open. I had all kinds of complicated latch ideas before that, but the velcro was cheap and simple, like me ;). They were still holding strong 10 years later when I sold it.

Great work. I like the simple yet functional styling. I spent many hours trying to figure out how to build a bed to fit my bike inside. Your solution looks great and isn't one I had thought of.

masterplumber said:
Nice build. I had sliding doors in my old Four Wheel pop up. I put a velcro tab on the frame, and the other side on the door cut long so it looked like a tongue. when the doors slid closed the tongue attached to the tab on the frame to keep the door from sliding open. I had all kinds of complicated latch ideas before that, but the velcro was cheap and simple, like me ;). They were still holding strong 10 years later when I sold it.

Masterplumber, thanks for the velcro fix. I have a roll of it so I think I'll put it to use.

Healthy Van Dwellers said:
Great work. I like the simple yet functional styling. I spent many hours trying to figure out how to build a bed to fit my bike inside. Your solution looks great and isn't one I had thought of.
Thanks!
The other idea I had was to build another box slightly larger than the stationary one that is against the driver side wall. The larger box would fit over the stationary one like  nesting boxes and slide out to expand the bed.

Uh-Oh.....

you mentioned murdersycles!! Now you've really got my interest!! :p

I still ride and build choppers, but I think I'm done with kickstarting 'em.
My knucklehead used to enjoy hyper-extending my knee! :(

I've got a kicker set-up ready to install on my Frankenchopper, but I'll only use it for emergencies. I'll hafta re-route my exhaust to make it work too, and I made that from scratch.

Love the van build too! Maybe you could put some neoprene sliders in the cupboard doors to eliminate rattles.

Patrick46 said:
Uh-Oh.....

you mentioned murdersycles!! Now you've really got my interest!! :p

I still ride and build choppers, but I think I'm done with kickstarting 'em.
My knucklehead used to enjoy hyper-extending my knee! :(

I've got a kicker set-up ready to install on my Frankenchopper, but I'll only use it for emergencies. I'll hafta re-route my exhaust to make it work too, and I made that from scratch.

Love the van build too! Maybe you could put some neoprene sliders in the cupboard doors to eliminate rattles.

Knuckles, Pans, Shovels! Love the sweet sound of those motors and you just can't beat the beauty of the Panhead!

vtwinkicker said:
Knuckles, Pans, Shovels! Love the sweet sound of those motors and you just can't beat the beauty of the Panhead!

pictures or it didn't happen!! :)

photo a.JPG

Attachments

• photo a.JPG
    photo a.JPG
    47.4 KB