VISIBLE LTE 4G router wifi recommendation

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabakusa

Reaction score
hi
I would like to have internet in my Prius anywhere where I go I have VISIBLE and it works I am using other phone as hotspot but it drain my battery quickly
I have an inverter so I can connect anything 110v
any suggestion?
thanks

Distance from the tower is a factor in power usage and many of us prefer those locations.

I keep my phone plugged into a battery. There are lots of choices. I’d start with the better jump starters that also have usb and consider bigger based on your personal situation.

The other battery draw is when ‘they’ are listening. The only sure preventative for that is a removable battery or a faraday box.

thanks for the answer but now I got two phone one with visible and I want to get rid of one more device.
that is why I want a router wifi LTE so I don't need to have my second phone ON all the time to have internet in my laptop

I live in cincinnati ohio said:
hi
I would like to have internet in my Prius anywhere where I go I have VISIBLE and it works I am using other phone as hotspot but it drain my battery quickly
I have an inverter so I can connect anything 110v
any suggestion?
thanks

DLTooley said:
Distance from the tower is a factor in power usage and many of us prefer those locations. 

I keep my phone plugged into a battery.  There are lots of choices.  I’d start with the better jump starters that also have usb and consider bigger based on your personal situation. 

The other battery draw is when ‘they’ are listening.  The only sure preventative for that is a removable battery or a faraday box.

I just checked the Visible site, it looks like a good option. I do think you’ll need to buy a second plan and hot spot device to do what you want.

Elon Musk is just doing his second launch of multiple low earth orbit internet satellites. That’s going to be a game changer.

Am still bit confused about your issue. My bad, miss reading I’m sure.

Visible SIM if in your iPhone 7 is a hotspot and in an iphone can be used to connect several devices via WiFi like your laptop, a tablet another phone. Your iphone or any other phone can plug into a USB port or plug in your Prius for continual power.

Visible in other phones only allows 1 hotspot connection. The difference I’ve read is that Apple does not allow restriction of # of devices on hotspot.

If you do not wish to continually tie up your Visible phone as the WiFi device in your Prius then yes you need another data plan to provide the WiFi/hotspot. You can use another phone with a data plan and hotspot or a router with it’s own data plan.

But again if you have an iPhone that works on Visible that iPhone allows multiple hotspot/WiFi connections.
I’ve done exactly that on my iPhone 7Plus on Visible when we had a power outage. Had a tablet and a laptop connected to iPhone 7’s hotspot and everything worked. Another time with power to S&B, as a test, the Visible iPhone hotspot had Netflix on TV, laptop connected and working and a Fire tablet surfing internet.
Yes the battery on iPhone was being used but during the power outage had phone connected aux battery.

This is a very confusing question. The 110v part, your better off just using 5v USB ports for charging the phone. A router, do you know what your asking? You can use a router to bypass Visible 1 device per hotspot limit but you still need a phone to use as the hotspot, I am not aware of any LTE routers that would work with a visible sim card. Why don't you just use your Visible phone, what's the purpose of the second one?

I am thinking in getting this router LTE https://amzn.to/2qWPIIhso that way I can have it just for wifi in my cardid anybody tried something like this ? because visible said they only allow to be used with cellphones the hot spot Firtree said:

Visible SIM if in your iPhone 7 is a hotspot and in an iphone can be used to connect several devices via WiFi like your laptop, a tablet another phone. Your iphone or any other phone can plug into a USB port or plug in your Prius for continual power.

Visible in other phones only allows 1 hotspot connection. The difference I’ve read is that Apple does not allow restriction of # of devices on hotspot.

If you do not wish to continually tie up your Visible phone as the WiFi device in your Prius then yes you need another data plan to provide the WiFi/hotspot. You can use another phone with a data plan and hotspot or a router with it’s own data plan.

But again if you have an iPhone that works on Visible that iPhone allows multiple hotspot/WiFi connections.
I’ve done exactly that on my iPhone 7Plus on Visible when we had a power outage. Had a tablet and a laptop connected to iPhone 7’s hotspot and everything worked. Another time with power to S&B, as a test, the Visible iPhone hotspot had Netflix on TV, laptop connected and working and a Fire tablet surfing internet.
Yes the battery on iPhone was being used but during the power outage had phone connected aux battery.

gabakusa said:
thanks for the answer but now I got two phone one with visible and I want to get rid of one more device.
that is why I want a router wifi LTE so I don't need to have my second phone ON all the time to have internet in my laptop
 You should be able to do a USB tether to your laptop with your Visible phone, so no need for a second phone.  My RS2 came with a USB cable that I plug into the laptop, then set up as a home network.  You must choose that option under hotspot and tethering.

Hope that helps.

I would like something more like a router where you can insert a SIM card and you have wifi I bought this one https://amzn.to/2QMOFFI it works great with verizon but not with visible SheketEchad said:
 You should be able to do a USB tether to your laptop with your Visible phone, so no need for a second phone.  My RS2 came with a USB cable that I plug into the laptop, then set up as a home network.  You must choose that option under hotspot and tethering.

Hope that helps.

A Verizon Hotspot with the two year contract is the unlimited plan I would suggest.

A prepaid Verizon Hotspot does not offer a unlimited plan.

I was reading that the contract people get preferential service over prepaid plan customers.

I had a prepaid plan for my Verizon hotspot for a few years. It did seem like they treated me like a second class user. it was next to impossible to use at Quartzsite during the RTR. once I added the hotspot to me phone plan all that went away. highdesertranger

If you are in a Prius then it has the ability to be a generator so I am not exactly sure why you are all that concerned about having a phone using power while you are in the car working with the phone or other device powered by the car.

Take better advantage of that very special nomadic vehicle and its abilities.

using a router on my Visible so i can tether my tablet & my laptop at the same time! (GL.iNet GL-AR150 Mini Travel Router= $27)
i tether it and it is easy to setup and does allow multi devices at same time- BUT THE SPEED is cut by 4x down to 10dn & 5up--

i see other users mention this same router and wonder if anybody else has this issue?

skyl4rk said:
Set this router up as a wifi network. Connect the router using a usb cable to your visible phone. Turn on usb tethering in Visible phone settings.  Connect other devices to the router with wifi.
Power the router with a good usb power supply, the Visible phone will get its power from the router.
YES that exactly my setup== using a router on my Visible so i can tether my tablet & my laptop at the same time! (GL.iNet GL-AR150 Mini Travel Router= $27)
i tether it and it is easy to setup and does allow multi devices at same time- BUT THE SPEED is cut by about 4x down to 10dn & 5up--

i see other users mention this same router and wonder if anybody else has this issue?

Fortress said:

Not all Visible phones limit hotspot devices to just 1. If you own a Pixel device you can connect at least 5 devices. I also have a Oneplus 7 Pro which allows more than one connection