Visible Cell User ?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken in Anaheim

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting my FIRST cell phone and using Visible. I'd like a phone that I could use to : have GPS service, get on the internet, watch Netflix and Youtube videos (and if possible plug my LED tv into) , listen to mp3 music and...... make calls/texts. I prefer to stay away from Apple products. Can anyone suggest a low price phone from Visible that would fulfill my needs ? I'm not sure what it is but I may also need Bluetooth capabilities (?)THANKS.

I suggest go on the website and using their chat feature to ask them these questions.  Then compare their answers to what people here recommend.

I have the cheapest phone they had on the site last year, a ZTE Blade A3 Prime. I does all that except maybe plug into your TV, not sure how that works.

I have a blade a7 I paid80 buck's for it last year. It works great I'm watching Amazon Prime reading this on my tablet all at the same time

Like Scottrod31 I bought the Blade A7 phone and I love it. I can be on the inernet on it, also use it for a hotspot for my tablet, and / or use a usb cable to tether to my laptop or tv all at the same time. The Visible service uses Verizon network as it is a division of Verizon.good luck.

I have the samsung, but cannot use the hot spot with multiple devices. Or have not figured it out yet. 

Visible does not allow tablets on their service (what they told me). A tethered tablet would be ok but refused to activate one.

At times visible users get kicked off tower voice service, while data functions still work. So not that great for an emergency phone.
-crofter

I'm on Visible with LG V40, a hi-end 5 camera phone that does all you ask for including connects wirelessly to tablet and smart TV (or non smart TV with Firestick). Good condition used V 40 available on Ebay under $150.

I tether multiple devices by using USB powered GL.iNet Travel Router, often simultaneously connecting 2nd phone, laptop, Amazon Echo and tablet.

Service not perfect and Internet (data) can be dead slow in prime evening hours in crowded places like Quartzsite in January, but I've always had voice service. PM me if need to join group to get Visible $25/mo price.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Visible recently removed the cap of 4 people per group so now you can have as many as you want.

I'm sure there are about 100 threads on visible if I did a search, but this one was on the first page of the sub forum and is recent enough.

I'm planning on getting visible for a hotspot. I have a roku and a chromebook I wanna use. I am planning on using a USB router so I can tether them both as well as my straight talk phone, but that comes later.

The blade A3 Prime looks decent enough for 50 bucks, it has USB-C. It will probably be plugged in perpetually and only ever used as a hotspot. So any feedback from real users? The processor is pretty underpowered I think, and the ram leaves a lot to be desired. Kinda wimpy camera too. But all its gonna do is to be my hotspot and a second emergency cell phone so I think I'm ok with that.

The Blade A3 works just fine as a phone, hotspot, GPS, etc..

Thanks. I guess I'm gonna bite the bullet and get it. It seems kinda crazy having 2 phones around, but then again just the other day my main phone died as I was plugging it in and kept saying water damage. (Odd as it's in a waterproof case and wasnt around any water) so maybe having a second phone is a good idea.

I too carry 2 phones. One on Vision/Verizon and one on Sprint/T-Mobile. There are places where one works and the other doesn't.

I have a straight talk verizon model. Specifically the verizon model that has GSM/LTE radio AND their legacy CDMA (before sim cards) radio.

I get coverage like mad with it, even in places where post paid customers of every network have no service. But I've never been to the desert.....

I ran out of high speed earlier today and it's like 20 days until it resets. XD I guess I better order that phone. I'm gonna go nuts without data. Pandora takes like 2 mins to cue up a song at this speed.

StarryNights said:
I tether multiple devices by using USB powered GL.iNet Travel Router, often simultaneously connecting 2nd phone, laptop, Amazon Echo and tablet. 

Service not perfect and Internet (data) can be dead slow in prime evening hours in crowded places like Quartzsite in January, but I've always had voice service.  PM me if need to join group to get Visible $25/mo price. 
I just tether directly to my phone no router. I often have 3 or 4 devices connected at the same time. It is an LG something or other. Currently on T-Mobile where I have the exact same problem as you describe at Q. 
I have bought a ZTE Blade from Visible but have not activated it. I am scared something will go wrong and I will have no internet service. Happy to get rid of T-Mobile and would be interested in a group membership.

I bought the blade last night in desperation. I ran out of high speed data for Straight Talk the other day and now it's almost useless. As an example I had to use a firewall program to block ALL apps internet access but chrome browser and it still took over half an hour just to order the damn phone.

It arrives tomorrow. I'm thinking I'll just go ahead and fire Straight Talk. Their internet service is great. Until you run out of high speed. Their low speed is slower than dialup. Didnt used to be that way. I cant watch 144p quality video on YouTube. The straw that broke the camel's back last night was YouTube wouldnt even load. Just looking at the wheel of torture for like 7 minutes waiting on the home screen to load. It's not the phone or area. Last week I was tethering it to my roku watching HD video right here in the same spot.

I'll be interested in joining someone's party once I get the device so I can get that sweet $25/mo service.

I have Visible. I got it last year before I went out on some trips. My other phone service (Tracfone) doesn't allow hotspots so I got another phone with Visible. As long as I had two bars or higher, it worked well. I connect the hotspot directly to my laptop or iPad when I need connectivity on those devices. I didn't stream any videos so I don't know how well that would work.

I have tested it at home with the hotspot to see how well it works. I have three bars of service in my house and with my laptop connected to the hotspot, I honestly couldn't notice a difference between it and my Spectrum internet which is 20Gig service.

The other good thing about Visible is there is no limit on the data.

I am satisfied with it—it does what I need.