Visible cell question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken in Anaheim

Reaction score
I'm thinking of joining in with Visible cell service. Other than calls and texts my main use will be GPS, using the phone as a hotspot and watching YouTube videos and Netflix streaming.  Can anyone suggest one of the Visible phones that would meet my needs (hopefully, cheaply) ?
Thanks.......Ken 
P.S I'd like to be able to view the videos on my 32" led TV.

The free phone that Visible sent me quit working in a few months, so I just use an old Iphone 6s.

It works perfect for me.

I got the cheap phone from visible not the free one. So far it has worked entirely up and down the East Coast and I can view videos and such without a problem. Only twice that I sense that they were throttling to speed down for me. And the price sure is right. Someday they’re going to come to their senses and realize they’re giving it away.

I have the Visible ZTE A7 and it is working great. It is selling for $79. You can get the A3 for free if you trade in an old phone and port your existing phone number. Service is $40 per month and can be reduced to $25 per month if you join a Party Pay plan.

I have the ZTE A3 and it doesn't appear to have the screen mirroring capability that is needed to transfer video from phone to TV.

Hi Ken. What kind of budget are you working with? A lot of Verizon phones will work with visible since they are the same company using the same towers.

You need to activate the SIM card with a phone that they say is compatible. After that you can move it to another phone. When I got the SIM I didn't have the iPhone 7 I was going to use with it yet, so I popped it into a friends iphone and activated it. I then used it in a couple different phones that were Verizon compatible before moving it to the iPhone 7.

A lot of phones have the ability to cast to a smart TV. Is the TV you're planning on using a smart TV?

Hello Ken. I joined Visible three months ago, knowing I would need excellent service for GPS, calls and streaming. I left Austin, Texas for Quartzsite, AZ. and had no problems. Upon arriving in Quartzsite, the RV show was still going, so the demand on the local cell towers was still high. I was able to stream with very little buffering. Now I have not had any buffering or problems, due to the RV show ending and demand being less.
  Honestly, it is a great package. Truly an unlimited data plan at $25.00 with Party Pay. I'm using a Samsung S8, no booster or external hotspot. I'm averaging 70 gigabits of data per month. Calls and text are great.
  If you decide to use Visible, I hope your experience is as good as mine