Newbie Seeking Internet Access Advice

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on Verizon (postpaid). I have been using the PdaNet+ app for almost ten years now, since 2013. In fact, I am using it right now to tether my phone to my laptop so my laptop can charge the phone and get the same speed of mobile 4glte data as what is on my phone. I have noticed that the built-in factory hotspot on my phone can run slow, almost like they designed it that way, hmmmm :unsure:

There are also a couple apps on the play store called Netshare and Netshare+. those are a little more complicated to use than pdanet+ however they do provide a wireless hotspot, although I don't use them (much)

Pdanet+ was like $10 bucks for life

http://pdanet.co/
I also utilize the PDAnet option, and also have a lifetime purchase. I was completely reliable and had exceptional customer support - until recently. I currently cannot use the WiFi option - only USB tether or Bluetooth. I have emailed them repeatedly on this particular issue, and have had no response - which is unusual for these guys, as they had always responded immediately through the years. I even offered to "update/refresh" my subscription - nada.

So yes, it is an excellent option... but just know that they are currently having some "issues", and you'll likely have to figure things out on your own, even if a paying customer.

I am on Verizon (postpaid). I have been using the PdaNet+ app for almost ten years now, since 2013. In fact, I am using it right now to tether my phone to my laptop so my laptop can charge the phone and get the same speed of mobile 4glte data as what is on my phone. I have noticed that the built-in factory hotspot on my phone can run slow, almost like they designed it that way, hmmmm :unsure:

There are also a couple apps on the play store called Netshare and Netshare+. those are a little more complicated to use than pdanet+ however they do provide a wireless hotspot, although I don't use them (much)

Pdanet+ was like $10 bucks for life

http://pdanet.co/

I also utilize the PDAnet option, and also have a lifetime purchase. I was completely reliable and had exceptional customer support - until recently. I currently cannot use the WiFi option - only USB tether or Bluetooth. I have emailed them repeatedly on this particular issue, and have had no response - which is unusual for these guys, as they had always responded immediately through the years. I even offered to "update/refresh" my subscription - nada.

So yes, it is an excellent option... but just know that they are currently having some "issues", and you'll likely have to figure things out on your own, even if a paying customer.

really? I never had a need to contact their customer support. always just used the tethering option. the wifi (back when foxfi was still around) option never really worked for me, in the pdanet app I mean. the default mobile hotspot option on the phone itself always worked, albeit the speed was slower compared to pdanet.