Volume levels on the Apple 14?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jays

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Apple14. A major step up from my flip phone. My hearing is only slightly diminished, and I prefer using speaker phone option when making calls. My concern is with the apple phone, is the volume when it comes to streaming tubi, or you tube videos sufficient to hear. I stream now with my hp laptop with no issues.

I have an iPhone 14 Plus. Same here on hearing as I have about 35% hearing in my right ear since 50 years ago in Laos when someone’s aim with a hand-grenade wasn’t quite good enuff to kill me. 😎

There’s several different ways on the 14 you can manipulate volume depending on what you’re doing with the thing. I’ve never had any volume problems with it once I got familiar with the thing.

INTJohn

I'm looking at the Apple14. A major step up from my flip phone. My hearing is only slightly diminished, and I prefer using speaker phone option when making calls. My concern is with the apple phone, is the volume when it comes to streaming tubi, or you tube videos sufficient to hear. I stream now with my hp laptop w
That iPhone is fine. Headphones might be a good choice for your hearing issue if you can find a pair of “dual volume control headphones”. That will allow you to fine to each ear to its optimal volume range. There are rechargeable, cordles, Bluetooth sets of such headphones.

Last edited:
On the iPhone 14
There’s a couple places in Settings you can manipulate volume.

One is Sounds & Haptics. Tap Headphone Safety. There’s a headphone volume limiter so you don’t make yourself deaf and then sue Apple 🍎. Turn the decibel control all the way up and then turn the limiter off.

Another is in Music.
Tap on EQ. There’s a bunch of sound settings. Select “Late Night” (not Loudness). Late Night is the loudest setting as in Ted Nugent playing on Letterman. Louder than Loudness. 🤷🏻‍♂️
And then there is the volume control on the side which everyone is familiar with.

johnny boi

Last edited: