VIDEO ALERT!!!!! FELA DEMOCRACY please don't

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagoneer

Reaction score
OK you guys are lucky I am going to bed BUT THIS IS THE KIND OF VIDEO I WATCH,,, It's a video and very danceable so get up off your rump and dance.

I've been following him on Facebook for a while. I listen to AOL Radio online.  There's a channel of world music and they play lots of African artists from Nigeria and Mali. I spent the first 12 years of my life in Africa -Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya and South Africa. African rhythms always strike a chord. Ever listen to Brenda Fassie?

IanC said:
I've been following him on Facebook for a while.

Well, not following him personally, since he died in 1997.

But, yeah, I was deeply into contemporary African music in the late '80s.

Fela Kuti and Tony Allen's Afrobeat is thoroughly intoxicating.

My current rotation is Mr follow follow, Power show, Palm wine sound, Ololufi mi.

The '65 album that ololuif mi comes from with his Koola Lobitos has some gold on it too.

NO other music is doing anything for me at the moment.

When out surfing I can hear the bass line in my head, and actually riding a wave is the Sax.

My stereo is not nearly powerful enough to drive the 6x9's properly at 8+ out of 10 volume, and I need 11 with this music.

Good stuff! I've been listening a lot to Orchestra Baobab from Senegal. Afro-Cuban style which makes you get up and shake your ass!

fluff head, check out Star band de Dakar if you are not already familair with them.

So good.

Thank you, Sir. Listening now here at work. Damn, I want to hit the road and crank up the radio!

Wow...you share my like for Afro-beat!  Wow.

Check out Antibalas.   

They are based out of NYC, but tour everywhere.

Femi Kuti has been making a lot of recordings too

Finally...there is an off-broadway play "Fela".    Good show.  
Go prepared to dance!   Balcony seats were great..lots of dancing room

wagoneer said:
OK you guys are lucky I am going to bed BUT THIS IS THE KIND OF VIDEO I WATCH,,, It's a video and very danceable so get up off your rump and dance.

Wow, that was a first for me.  African rock.  Interesting.  Thank you for opening my musical eyes.