Verizon MNVO: $20 for 1 GB, 300 min, Unlimited Text

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PastTense

Reaction score
"It looks like Red Pocket Mobile has quietly started offering prepaid service powered by Verizon Wireless. According to The Prepaid Experts’s Facebook page, Red Pocket’s master dealer, there are four new prepaid service plans available.

The $19.99 monthly Web & Texter Freedom Plan includes 300 voice minutes, unlimited text and 1 GB of data
The $29.99 monthly plan includes unlimited talk, unlimited text and 100 MB of data
The $34.99 monthly Web & Texter Freedom Plan includes 300 voice minutes, unlimited text and 2 GB of data
The $49.99 monthly Freedom MAX plan includes unlimited talk, unlimited text and 2 GB of data

According to Red Pocket dealers, so far, only Verizon 3G phones have been activated successfully on Red Pocket. Also, the new CDMAV service is limited to the Verizon native network only.

The new Verizon-based service hasn’t been revealed on Red Pocket’s website yet but there is a goredpocket.com/activatev page that allows customers to activate new account."
http://prepaidmobilephonereviews.com/red-pocket-launches-verizon-based-service/

Be sure to read this thread (at least the last few pages):
http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...rmed-new-plans-in-effect-soon-Launch-date-tba

I see complaints about no way to check data usage and problems with renewals (although I also see a post that Callingmart can now handle renewals):
http://www.callingmart.com/products...517&name=Red-Pocket-Mobile-Monthly-Plan-CDMAV

I am thinking of trying this--but only after positive response from some Vandweller guinea pigs...

So for only a measly $20, why aren't you willing to be the guinea pig? :D

I can still remember when years ago talk time was king. Remember those old AT&T commercials touting you can roll over your precious minutes of unused talk time into next month?

Nowadays I barely talk 30 minutes per month, maybe 1 hour if I'm on vacation. But DATA?? Internet data is king now. So I cannot be interested unless UN-limited (and FAST) data are included.

Because 1GB of data will be used by parasitical applications and won't do you any good. ;)

Just kiddin, it shouldn't be that bad, but you can almost do nothing on the web with 1GB.

I believe Sprint and T-Mobile have cheaper data (do they still have unlimited options?), but have restricted networks--fewer areas covered. So my thought was for using WiFi and one of those two for primary access--and using Verizon when you are in the middle of nowhere where Verizon is the only option.

T-mobile is the only one left with true, unthrottled unlimited data plans. But as you said, restricted network as of now. With their recent A-block purchase from Verizon and recent spectrum buy from ATT, they should be in most states by mid next year, can't wait!

As Verizon and ATT use different technology with TM you will be either-or but not both. My study indicates all these resellers, while claiming unlimited data, will cut back if we get too hungry. Millenicom seems to be the most honest about what they sell.

That's because Millenicom is Verizon's little pet, and only offer 20GB plans, and no longer unlimited (forgot when they got rid of unlimited...)

The rumor mill has been spinning about Verizon flat out buying Millenicom anyways, so soon you may not have that as an option.

While T-Mobile may set up in most states, it would only be in high demand areas in those states--it's not financially worth it to put up cell towers in low demand areas (so it will be in cities and along the Interstates). And except for those doing stealth living in the cities, vandwellers tend to spend a lot of time in remote areas.

Well they aren't putting up any new towers at the moment, they're just buying out old towers that are already in place and upgrading them to their 4G LTE 15 x 15 band in order to get Edge locations the fastest possible speeds.

The plans are out of beta now; see:
http://goredpocket.com/plans/cdmav-new

The cheap plan is last on the list.

Sorry, it look like they no long offer it: instead it says:
$19.99 - 30 Day Refill
300MINS Talk
UNLIMITED Text
UNLIMITED Picture & Video Messaging (MMS)
UNLIMITED Mobile Web @ reduced speeds

Mobile Web is probably very slow.

I currently use I-Wireless, which switches over to T-mobile after I leave Iowa, it's $48 a month for unlimited talk/text and 4GB of 4G web, $55 for unlimited everything but I've alway's wished I could get on verizon's network, great info!

Chris

caseyc said:
So for only a measly $20, why aren't you willing to be the guinea pig? :D

I can still remember when years ago talk time was king. Remember those old AT&T commercials touting you can roll over your precious minutes of unused talk time into next month?

Nowadays I barely talk 30 minutes per month, maybe 1 hour if I'm on vacation. But DATA?? Internet data is king now. So I cannot be interested unless UN-limited (and FAST) data are included.

Idk if T-mobile advertises it but I-wireless through the midwest, mainly Iowa Etc has a Unlimited Talk/Text/4GB Data for $48 a month or unlimited everthing for $55.

I know people have mixed opinion's on T-mobile but I can say atleast when I stayed in St. Pete Florida and San Diego, I was getting 15+ Mbps download's and excellent upload speed's (This was 3 year's ago) on T-mobile's network.

I was planning on using T-Mobiles everything plan at $55 for my Wifi & Talk/Text etc but I'd love to have Verizon, I'll have to look into it.

Using tmobile $30 monthly plan. It's more than I need. Works great. 5gb data. Unlimited text. 100 min talk.