Vault toilets

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB1954

Reaction score
There is some indication that this Corona Virus is also transmitted through fecal matter.
Most if not all of these out houses lack water to wash with. If someone gets stuff on their hands because of the drizzly shits, they will be touching door handles on the way out. You come along 10 minutes later and open and close the door.
I would try to find a way to open the door with something like a stick or a piece of the coveted toilet paper to keep your hands off of the handles. Once out of the building I would also use hand sanitizer of some sorts.

I didn't know about this type of transmission. At the moment, there are a lot of issues with misinformation. A lot of unreliable sources online, I'd recommend to what WHO says about the corona only, honestly. However, going back to the subject at hand, I think our only solution at the moment is to sanitize our hands compulsively after every surface we touch that others have been in contact with. Let's all try to avoid prolonging our pain and avoid hospitalization by staying safe as much as possible.

You can make your own sanitizing wipes out of baby wipes by adding 90 or 99 percent alcohol to the package. Being sure to get some into every half inch or so of thickness of the layers to completely saturate them throughout the whole package.

There is an easy way to carry your alcohol saturated baby wipes with you into restrooms and into stores to keep your hands clean or for cleaning surfaces. I use the refillable vinyl Huggies brand "Clutch n Clean" pouches. They keep the wipes wet for as long as 6 months or more as they seal tightly. They have a convenient snap up lid for easy access. They have a wrist strap so easy to carry into a bathroom. They are alcohol resistant. They are priced at $4.00 at Walmart and other stores and come with 32 wipes in them for a starter.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Huggies-Natural-Care-Clutch-n-Clean-Baby-Wipes-Refillable-32-ct/35930538

Remember when you clean a surface it needs to stay wet for 4 minutes before you touch it with your hands. It is not instantly safe to touch the newly cleaned surface.

Just an aside to the vault toilet and the virus. I am always concerned about the safety of those things when it come to children. The State Park where I was a host for many years had one and every time I used it I thought about the possibilities.

Forget the shit. Just touching the handles that an infected person has touched after coughing in their hands is enough...

It is not just from coughing into hands. Just touching the mouth such as when eating and also wiping  fingers across  eyes, or touching the face where the tears have drained down can pick up the virus and then it can be transferred from fingers onto any surface the person might touch.   Someone who is infected but not presenting any symptoms at all can still infect other persons. So everyone needs to be cautious and use the recommended hygiene practices for the sake of all.
Cleaning surfaces is not just for yourself, it is for everyone's safety.