Vandwell with children?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenMama

Reaction score
Hello! I'm a newbie to this site. Has anyone ever vandwelt with children? We have a very uncommon lifestyle. My husband works in baseball and is on the road for 6+ months out of the year. Originally, we moved every year to be relitively close to where he would be which was fine when it was just us but now we have a two year old and a two month old. For the past four years I've "kidded" we should just buy an RV bc of all the traveling and moving we do. We went as far as to look at towable RVs last summer but found out our ford explorer basically has zero towing capacity... That basically squashed that bc we had just bought the car. Now again this fall we are faced with, where do we move to?

A little back ground on me. I have a BS in Elementary Ed (im a certified teacher) and a MS in Environmental Science. I'm now a stay at home mom. My husband is a seasonal employee and we live on less than $20,000 a year (God always somehow provides). We want desperately to keep me at home to homeschool (or rather road school). I dream about living in an RV and traveling the country with my kids... Is that totally nuts?

I thought about buying land somewhere to have a "home base" so in the offseason we could park there. Does anyone have any ideas/advise? Is anyone in a similar situation?

Don't get discouraged looking for bumper-pull trailers. There are ultra lightweight trailers made that weigh less than 3k that can sleep 6 or 8, plenty of room for 4 people and extra for storage. The other option you have is that there are companies that will move a trailer for you. Having the TT means less or no rent, depending on where you park it, so you have cash to have it moved while you follow in your own vehicle.&nbsp;<br><br>People are traveling with their kids and roadschooling everyday! &nbsp;<a href="http://www.familiesontheroad.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.familiesontheroad.com/</a>&nbsp;has &nbsp;a listing of many family blogs and a wealth of information.

<span style="font-size: x-small;"><strong>welcome from s.w. florida .... blkjak</strong> </span>

One of the reasons I chose a E350xl with a PowerStroke diesel, it so badly needs to tow a lot and not happy just towing me.

Latest posts