Van to RV Pt 1

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unca_T

Reaction score
Hey Gang-

I'm not sure if this is the right spot on the forum or not. There was one called conversions so..that might be the place. It's pretty big in here. Lots of little rabbit holes to drop down into and learn stuff.
Here is my blog entry and video that I promised yesterday on my first steps to converting the van.
It might look funny, but it's just a google shortener for the original url.
https://goo.gl/6eNwIF

It's a 2001 Chevy Express 1500 with a 5.7 liter gasoline engine.

Thanks tons.
  Unca_T

Hi Unca T! Love the video, specially the personal touch @2:54... Not much to say on the unconnected wires, you got the audio/video figured out, possibly some of the other unconnected ones were for optionals not installed on your van. Try and keep that Bose equipment if its still working. Isolated camp spot, case of beer, wutever else, and LOUD music! Def want to see more vids of the process, I like your "presence" on camera and I look forward to seeing more. Best of luck!

Thanks a lot for your thoughts man. I do plan on doing a lot of these videos as I work on the van. T. Cry said:
Hi Unca T! Love the video, specially the personal touch @2:54...  Not much to say on the unconnected wires, you got the audio/video figured out, possibly some of the other unconnected ones were for optionals not installed on your van. Try and keep that Bose equipment if its still working. Isolated camp spot, case of beer, wutever else, and LOUD music! Def want to see more vids of the process, I like your "presence" on camera and I look forward to seeing more. Best of luck!

Any chance you can post some pictures, for those of us without internet fast enough for video? Also, a lot of the full timers here have limited GBs.

masterplumber said:
Any chance you can post some pictures, for those of us without internet fast enough for video? Also, a lot of the full timers here have limited GBs.

I can do that, and thank you so much for telling me. I had not thought of that. From now on I'll do both. Can you tell me. Is it best to not put a link for people to go to my blog? Would it be better to do a separate post of those things on here?

Posts here are great, as many are following on smart phones and it's a little more difficult to go back and forth. I think many that have a blog post a condensed version here, and then have a link to their blog in their signature line so they don't have to add it to every post. I hope that helps, I'm sure the more tech savvy here may be of more help.

" As you’ll see in the video below there are several speakers, two T.V.’s, and a power amp thingy. The speakers are all Bose which I thought was a fun discovery, but I’ll probably take them all out. Also there is this weird air conditioner/heater thingy (don’t you love my technical parlance) in the back of the van. This two will be coming out. Besides those things the back area is gutted. "

DO NOT REMOVE the rear heat exchanger, unless you want to lose cab side A/C. Vans like this have their rear A/C system hosed to the cab. You don't want to mess with this as it'll cost big $$$$ to fix.

debit.servus said:
"    As you’ll see in the video below there are several speakers, two T.V.’s, and a power amp thingy. The speakers are all Bose which I thought was a fun discovery, but I’ll probably take them all out. Also there is this weird air conditioner/heater thingy (don’t you love my technical parlance) in the back of the van. This two will be coming out. Besides those things the back area is gutted. "

DO NOT REMOVE the rear heat exchanger, unless you want to lose cab side A/C. Vans like this have their rear A/C system hosed to the cab. You don't want to mess with this as it'll cost big $$$$ to fix.

Wow, that ads a different dimension to this whole thing. Darn it. I should have maybe got a different van.

if you want the rear AC removed take it to an AC place. it's easy for them to delete the rear air. good point Debit. highdesertranger