Van security system question

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SilverVoyager said:
Nice graphic, so many choices..... too bad I only have five bullets, I keep the top chamber empty, not sure why but that is how my dad taught me.

I believe keeping the top chamber empty goes back to the percussion cap pistol days.

actually keeping the hammer on an empty chamber goes back to all the single action revolvers, I even do this on my Ruger Blackhawk. it's the old 3 screw design. highdesertranger

I don't know about all that but the gun is from the early 1900s. I have to cock the hammer first but I think that's only because it's too hard to pull the hammer from an uncooked position. Darn arthritis. If i cock her first I'm much more accurate ( pisses hubby off that a girl can out shoot him)
My first rabbit I shot, got him right behind the eye, he died immediately, painlessly and was delicious. I marinated him in some oil, bit of vinegar, and some mesquite seasoning. Not much meat but it was my first rabbit and tasted like victory! Gave his innards to the chickens.