Van rear panels

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony's Dream

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Ford Transit van and I am adding a back up cam to it.  Apparently they don't make one for this model/year.  I am trying to get one of the panels off the back door so I can have access to that space to run the wires.  I have seen several videos online but none for this model or type of connection.  Apparently each type of fasener is differnt and I don't want to break it.  Anyone have an idea where I can look to see how it connects?

You could try prying gently up on the center pin with a small screwdriver. Or use one on each side so you have even force.

The center piece looks like it pushes in to expand the outer shell.

Once the center pin is out, the outer shell should come out also.

There are similar on my Ford except the center pin has a Phillips head and it screws into the outer shell.

Gently...

Don't pull it all the way out. It has a built in stop to hold the two pieces together so nothing gets lost. Just pull it up until it stops. The panels should then be able to be removed.

Lining it up to put the outer part back in the hole it came out of so when the center pin is pushed in so it will hold back together may take a little wiggling to get it back in.

sloow2day nail it. pop the center piece out and they will release. They do make a tool but I just do the screwdriver method. Highdesertranger

Latest posts