Urban overnighting near Denver?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganchan

Reaction score
I'll be traveling into the Denver area in August. I was planning on camping near Fountain and just driving into Denver from there as needed, but it looks like I'll have a 7am meeting that morning, so being in or very near the city itself the night before would be nice.

The Allstays site isn't showing much; the Wal-Marts are all "no overnight parking" stores there, and the Denver truck stops are getting nasty customer reviews. Home Depot, maybe? I can't really masquerade as a commercial vehicle, but an Expedition wouldn't look too out of place in the parking lot....

It's a bit out of town but I've stayed at the Walmart in Evergreen several times without issue.

Plenty of decent residential areas north, west and south of Denver (stay away from Aurora) that would be safe to park in on the street.
There is also a Cabela's on I-25 south of Denver that may permit overnight parking.

ganchan said:
I'll be traveling into the Denver area in August. I was planning on camping near Fountain and just driving into Denver from there as needed, but it looks like I'll have a 7am meeting that morning, so being in or very near the city itself the night before would be nice.

The Allstays site isn't showing much; the Wal-Marts are all "no overnight parking" stores there, and the Denver truck stops are getting nasty customer reviews. Home Depot, maybe? I can't really masquerade as a commercial vehicle, but an Expedition wouldn't look too out of place in the parking lot....

If your still looking for a Denver stealth spot. I know a good one around i70 and Quebec. Swift Tucking Denver Terminal. Large lighted parking lot. No security to get in. When I was working there, I left a pickup parked there for weeks at a time. It's for employee over the road truck drivers. Some vehicles have been parked so long the tires are flat. It's safe. Just pull in to sleep and leave the next morning.

Where near Fountain would you be camping? I'm from Colorado Springs and would not enjoy driving from Fountain to Denver on a regular basis.

Latest posts