Got my "Canadian Geese" in order, what's the best time

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toilfreelife

Reaction score
....to come out from Denver to Flagstaff to start to join "my people?" That is, move with the tribe in and around Arizona, ...starting helping people with their 'van/RV of any kind builds' to move them in their happy home, and secure myself at least one day a week work to keep myself a float via carpentry handyman services in whatever city I'm near.  (I advertise on line for my odd jobs' work.)

I picked Flagstaff as my residence/domicile to get away from the oppressive heat in summer, for certain ties I need via help with subsistence needs,  not too far from Yuma or quartzsite in winter, and the fact that it is an established medium sized city to get all other needs met.

I'll be in a very, very stealthy "work lookin', late model van."    Will probably need to park/sleep in and around Flagstaff proper due to the national forest burning right now. (traveling more than 10 miles each night to go to sleep is oppressive to me, just sayin'.)

The plan so far is to come out around August 6th, 2018.  But I can change that on a dime if I get some good info and advice one way or the other. 

Any Cons to this please, please tell me!

Looking forward to meeting all of you. (this is a great site, but no substitute for the 'freedom' and joy of "in person") Rich

Maybe i'm making a mistake making that sort of home base for my year around residence to join up with the tribe??? What ya think?

I know when I came thru their going to denver with a 34 foot rv and stayed over . Night at that walmart with the long parking lot , there were tons of no overnight parking signs plus in the morning 2 cops talking to each other yet we stayed there, with several other vehicle dwellers with no problem. I just don't get it. Here's my number if u want to talk 760 681 4926, Rich

Flagstaff can be very wet during the summer monsoon season.

I couldn't think of a better way to describe it.  So in this case "rabid outlier" == "a city making and enforcing laws against vehicle camping with extreme zeal/dedication"

Cf. Dennis Rodman and rebounds.

MrNoodly said:
Flagstaff can be very wet during the summer monsoon season.
Thanks for the warning[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk