Upgrading a Berky Filter

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandpa pete

Reaction score
I helped wire a promaster and the owner bought me a Berkey water filter
The one he bought only has two black filters … can I add the two white filters ….HOW ???

Here is the video from the company that shows how to install those fluoride reducing filters. The company has its own youtube channel and you can get all the information you need for the whole installation process by watching the various videos on their channel. I do not know what model you have so I can't say what you can or can not do with it. But you can contact the company with your questions if you can't find that information on their website.

i haven't read the reviews, and hadn't heard aobut the foul taste of the fluoride filters. but - i got a berkey almost two years ago, have been through 2 sets of fluoride filters, they recommend replacing them annualy for my useage, and the taste has been terrific... you are supposed to run water through some of their filters... unsure which ones... i live in the bay area and we get water from...well,... hetch hetchey... no problems with my berkey... i bought it basically only to remove what my water company adds to the water; fluoride and chloramine.

maki2 said:
Here is the video from the company that shows how to install those fluoride reducing filters. The company has its own youtube channel and you can get all the information you need for the whole installation process  by watching the various videos on their channel. I do not know what model you have so I can't say what you can or can not do with it. But you can contact the company with your questions if you can't find that information on their website.

Thankyou ; with your help and this video I learned how to add the white filters ( it turns out that they just screw onto the bottom of the black filters ) AND I learned that there is a sight guage available ….REALLY appreciate the help !!!

Sofisintown said:
Before you go out and buy the (pricey) white filters for fluoride removal, read the consumer complaints  and reviews about them. Apparently they give water a really foul taste...

I used them for 2 years and the water tasted great.
Read any amazon product reviews and remember, opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one.