Tybee Island, GA recommendations?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatCaretaker

Reaction score
For someone who needs a drive to the nearest beach (in this case, Tybee) any recommended safe overnight places to park on Tybee Island or nearby Savannah?

I recall there were strict rules about parking all over the Island when I was there. :( But just on the other side of the causeway, there is a Walmart

Yeah, Tybee Island is a no go. I've personally been rousted from there. I've learned that anywhere people are driving $150,000 cars they keep at their vacation house nearby will have cops that don't want people overnighting in their transportation.

CatCaretaker said:
For someone who needs a drive to the nearest beach (in this case, Tybee) any recommended safe overnight places to park on Tybee Island or nearby Savannah?

Since you just got your 4th Star, they might make an exception. Isn't Savannah a really smelly city that makes carpet or something?

No, GA cops in that area are nice, but they will follow the letter of the law. Go towards one of the expressways near there for better cover, but put your Walmart tapered green ear plugs in (only found at SuperCenters mostly.)