Txjbird & Queenie on a Safari in a Safari

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cammalu said:
Save me some Lima beans and cornbread

:D OH THERE'S PLENTY.  I HAVEn't GOTTEN TO THEM YET HOWEVER Q ENJOYED HERs.

m ycaps lock is FUBAR MOSTLY

Jewellann

:s  So here it is May already! 

The Safari still needs repairs. 

I've been unable to raise the Aliner by myself on the last 3 trys.  I may have found a solution to that, just not getting my hopes up at this time.

Almost out from under 2 storage units.  The weather is really getting warm down here in AL so I need to adjust my sleeping habits to early outside work time before it gets too hot.

Today is a beautiful day with a hot sunny afternoon in the forecast. 

I woke up with both a headache and toothache.  So soft food for breakfast, 800mg Ibuprofen, plenty of water and back to bed I go. 

Queenie has beat me to it once again.

Ya'll have a good weekend

Jewellann & Queenie

P.S. Anybody know where the "Thank You" buttons went on our forum posts?

So I have a really good post hung up in ?  My other tablit sez  " unable to connect "  which is wierd because I was connected for about an hour and only when I hit the "preview post" button did I start having problems   I can not save as a draft either.

Thanks

Jewellann

hey Jbiird good to hear from you. the like button will be back, they want to make sure the new forum is stable before they add it back. ihave no idea about the connectivity issue. say hey to queenie for me. highdesertranger

:( Except for 1 day that I can remember it has rained, showered, or thunder stormed for 2 weeks.  There is rain in the forecast for the next 5 days.  Now I think I know how people feel that live where this type of weather is prevalent. 

It's hard for me to get anything done cleaning out a storage unit.  Even with a tarp up between the front of a unit and over to the van roof there is still wind and rain dripping off the roof of the building running down to the drain in the center of the road and splashing back up as vehicles go in and out of the storage facility.

So not much progress on sorting and getting rid of things for a few weeks now.

I sure hope I get even 1 full day of no rain so I can get the Safari cleared out to put it in the shop.  It's getting too hot to run around down here in L.A. { Lower Alabama } with no AC and only 1 functioning window. 

Hopefully the 3rd row seat will come out at that time  too.  Then I can finally see the space that I have to work with and decide where to put the bed and a place for a small frig.  Luckily I'm short @ 5ft 5in tall so maybe the bed can go crossways and tall enough for good storage underneath it.  The van has a "TV" high top, & as long as I don't bang my head sitting on the bed I'll be happy.  Also the Minn Kota elec. port for shore power will be in the drivers side back door with a surge protected power strip on the inside. 

I still hope to get the Safari rigged out as a camper van so that even without a small TT Queenie and I can take some short trips.  There are a lot of lakes and forests here in AL with free or very cheap camping available.  Especially with a Federal Access pass.

This has been a long journey to get this far.  Changing tow vehicles and T.T.s  about 1 1/2ys ago added a lot of new expenses.  The Safari and Aliner both had to have new tires.  On each one the tires looked great however they were 10 years old.  So I bought 5 tires and a full size rim for the Safari  plus a front end alignment, then I needed 3 tires + bearings serviced on the Aliner.  That was just the beginning of a long list of repairs the Safari needed.  Unless something new crops up....or falls off of the damn thing we are reaching the end of the list.  The last thing added will be a transmission cooler and having the tranny serviced.  It's working fine now with no problems.

Slowly but surely I'm closer to being able to get out and see some of this beautiful state plus hopefully others.  Then eventually out of apartment dwelling.  Life does happen and not always for the better and sometimes throws up road blocks of various sorts, new health issues and lack of funds often seem to affect not only myself they also seem to affect many others.

I view road blocks as something to overcome, to climb over, go around, or even get rid of when possible.  They can slow us down for a while.  Just hopefully they don't stop us completely from reaching our goals.

:)  HAVE A GOOD LIFE  :)  

JEWELLANN & QUEENIE....THE BOSS DAWG
                                                       ^^^^ WE'RE SOUTHERN YA'LL KNOW!

It has been pretty stormy around here (east TX) as well. Four inches in one day...

We have both been "launching" for a while now so here's hoping we can get on the road soon...

Txjaybird said:
So I have a really good post hung up in ?  My other tablit sez  " unable to connect "  which is wierd because I was connected for about an hour and only when I hit the "preview post" button did I start having problems   I can not save as a draft either.
I find it best, for any posts taking more than just a minute or two,

Copy and paste between a **local** text editor (e.g. Notepad in Windows) which is **not** reliant on any Internet software, network connections etc

and the web editing window just before I'm ready to post.

If you have multiple devices, different OSs you rotate between, and want to save / synchronize between them, SimpleNote is worth checking out.

highdesertranger said:
hey Jbiird good to hear from you.  the like button will be back,  they want to make sure the new forum is stable before they add it back.  ihave no idea about the connectivity issue.  say hey to queenie for me.  highdesertranger

Hey it's good to hear from you too.  I  wasn't sure anyone would see my msg. 

I've been thinking that life is good.  It might knock me back a step or two but never to the point I just give up.  Maybe my cussin' at the who/whatever is running the universe are found amusin' by them?

I rebooted my modem and that didn't work.  Then I pulled the plug and battery from this Asus tablet and walked away for about 30 min.  I did this without closing CRVL on turning the tablet off. IT MUSTA BEEN MAGIC   :D  I WAS ABLE TO RESTORE THE PAGES AND THERE WAS THE POST I'D BEEN CUSSIN' AND BITCHIN' ABOUT!  I'D DO A HAPPY DANCE 'CEPT MY BACK HURTS AND I'D PROBABLY HIT THE FLOOR AND QUEENIE WOULD LAUGH AND I'D HAVE SPEAK RUDELY TO HER.

Speaking of Her Majesty.....She's had a upset stomach and finally ate a little today.  Then got on my bed and threw up onto 2 small blankets and a place mat. 

One of my recent dumpster finds was a airline approved dog crate & pad that looks brand new. Now when she gets in the dog house I'm tellin' her that there is a new home waiting for her far away.  Just tell me where to send her and you can tell her HI when she gets there.  I'll tell her if she goes gold hunting she needs to look out for coyotes, foxes, wolves, bears, rattle snakes and other "Bad Things" <<<<<<This is our code for come/go NOW!!...YOU ARE NOT A BIG DOG!  She knows foxes and coyotes as they come out of the woods behind our apt. sometimes at dusk.  A pair of young foxes almost daily.  Queenie's cat who is a 2yr orange Tom Cat, born in the woods stalks the foxes.  He trails them until they go back thru the trees or crosses the big drainage ditch. Out of his territory. 

There is a guy on You Tube I watch " Camper Van Kevin " a neighbor from over in North GA.  He travels with 3 Yorkies.....and they can talk.  Tucker the male sounds just like Bill Clinton. 

Queenie is good with body language.  She has no problem in tellin' me what to do to suit her. 
 I reckon I'll have to keep  ;) her after all.

Jewellann

:huh:  John Thank You for the information.  I haven't a clue on how to do that.
        I will try to follow those directions while looking for the things you made reference to.

My last computer classes were Lotus 1 2 3 and Word Perfect 5.0.   That was in 1993.
  My 1st WiFi hookup was 12/2015 and this was the 1st forum I joined.  Well I didn't actually join it.  My son was in town and set up everything for me......CRVL....Gmail...Hudu...Crackle...etc.  Then he was gone like a ship in the night!
So only with help from him and others have I been able to learn to do the very basics.  It's like learning a new language and what side of the road to drive on without causing a wreck. 

I've added a basic course in computer use to my list of THINGS TO DO.  I live less than 2 miles from a Community College.  Maybe this summer I might have the time  :) Nope the fall will be more like it.

Thanks Again

Jewellann

Visit your local library and/or post a note on a public bulletin board for a kid willing to tutor once a week.

Much more effective than following a canned course mostly irrelevant to you.

And I'm sure we can help but need to know your device / OS details, each is different.

I so wish I could post about the lovely trips Q and I have been on.  The camping spots by lakes where the fish were almost jumping in the boat.  The beautiful shade trees we parked under and the campfires at night that left us both smelling like we'd been hanging in a smoke house for months.

Not yet.  However those are still my plans.  Delayed to be sure, however not given up on.

The Safari still needs a few repairs.  Except for the big $$$ stuff like solar and a good 12v frig . and vent fan/s + maybe a 5,000btu ac in the future I think I have everything I need to turn it into a camper van including a shore power port thru one of the rear doors.

When I traded in my Viking popup I kept the new Thetford cassette portable toilet.

I have the generator from Home Depot that JimInDenver uses and posted here when it was on sale.  Mine is still in the box.  It is light enough that I can easily lift and carry it. 

For any new folks reading this I am older than dirt, have carpal tunnel +diabetic nerve damage in both hands  & arthritis mainly in my right hand.  Last fall I was diagnosed with DDD [degenerative disk disease] in my neck and already had/have back problems due to various old injuries.  When I say something is light enough and EZ for me to lift and carry that means a lot to me.

I wanted a EZ up canopy.  I went to several stores and they were all so heavy that I could barely lift and move them in their carrying cases.  ;)  I figured I had a snowballs chance in Hell to set one up by myself   So I found on sale for about $50 a pop up screen room that seems to weigh about 1/2 of the canopies.  :) 
I also found on sale for $40 at Wal Mart a Coleman dome tent that has room for 2 queensize mattresses.  It was a savings of about $60.

Recently for $25 I bought a 6x9 piece of vinyl flooring at Lowes that I think will cover all of the cargo area of the Safari.  The pattern mimics a random width wood plank floor.

My pack rat tendencies are paying off because I have plenty of new wood that I picked up in my roadside shopping sprees.  It includes 2x4s, 3/4in plywood + various other sizes and pieces.  I truly think that I will not need to buy any wood.  I even have pieces of 2x6 and 2x8 planks.

Most of my plastic dressers and drawers among other things were also roadside finds.

I think the Safari is pretty well covered.

Now that the weather is cooler my son  and I will start on the Aliner  sometime after Sept.7th.  It will be moved and the 4 levels on it will be replaced or realigned.  I want to repaint the front and rear cargo carriers and the rear bumper and trailer tongue. The stone guard needs paint too.  I haven't had it hooked up in over a year so I'll have the elec in it's storage bay turned on to charge the battery and see how it holds up.  It may need replacing. I think I also need a elec tongue jack.  IDK for sure.
The tires on the Aliner looked good when I bought it.  I was surprised to learn they were 10ys old  :huh:   I already knew the Safari needed tires, then I found out those rascals were also 10ys old too!  So over a brief period I bought 5 tires, 1 full size rim, and a alignment for the Safari and 3 tires and the wheel bearings serviced on the Aliner.

After a long illness my Mom passed away at the end of June.  My Sis had been pretty much living with her.  Her apt was in the building next to mine.  After her apt was cleaned out my sister moved back to her home.  At that point Queenie inherited a herd of 4 orange/yellow tom cats and 6 kittens.  All of them were born in the woods except one litter of 4.  They were hanging out at my Moms.  It's against the rules to feed stray animals here.  So I will just say they haven't ever gone hungry....At least I don't think they have.  As my buddy Forrest would say "And that's all I got to say about that" ;)   ;) .

Q has been taught that "Babies and Mamas" are critters you don't chase.  The oldest tom cat will wrestle with Q and my Moms Jezzy at the same time.  One of the neighbor guys cracks up at them.  He sez "don't they know they aren't supposed to be friends"?   I reckon they didn't get the memo :D

Q is as fat and sassy as ever.  Me, not so much.

JewellAnn and Queenie

:( hello.......Hello.......HELLO!

I SURE MISS THE THANK YOU BUTTON.  AT LEAST THEN THE MEMBERS THAT READ OUR POSTS WOULD BE ABLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEM, IF THEY WANTED TO, WITHOUT TYPING A POST THEMSELVES. 

SOMETIMES POSTING  HERE IS LIKE PEEING YOUR PANTS WHILE WEARING DARK CLOTHING.
NO ONE NOTICES, HOWEVER YOU STILL HAD A BRIEF WARM FEELING FROM THE EXPERIENCE.  :D

TJB & THE Q

NOT MUCH NEW GOING ON.

I'M STILL TRYING TO DOWNSIZE IN MY APT. AND GET RID OF MY STORAGE UNITS.  THE ONLY THING TRULY NEW IS THAT ON 10/27 THERE WAS A POUNDING ON MY APT DOOR THAT WOKE ME UP.  BEFORE I COULD REACH IT THE DOOR WAS UNLOCKED AND A MAINTENENCE MAN OPENED IT.  I YELLED......WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON... :mad: .....NOT IN MY DELICATE SOUTHERN VOICE EITHER.

TWO OF THE WINDOWS ON MY VAN HAD SHATTERED AND THE FRONT PASSENGER WINDOW HAD IMPLODED.  THE SIDE SLIDER DOOR WINDOW WAS TOUGH TO FIND.  THE WINDOW HAS ARRIVED AND WILL BE INSTALLED ON MONDAY.

I'VE BEEN UNABLE TO USE THE CARGO DOOR FOR A MONTH NOW.  THE VAN IS LOADED WITH STUFF AND ABOUT 60% IS GOING TO A NEW HOME.
A FORMER NEIGHBOR AND FRIEND LIVES IN BONIFAY FL.   HURRICANE MICHAEL TOOK DOWN EVERY TREE ON THEIR PROPERTY AND THERE WAS NO DAMAGE TO THE HOUSE OR VEHICLES.  SHE WILL BE UP NEXT WEEK TO HELP WITH A STORAGE UNIT.

I INTEND TO SELL MY Aliner T.T. as I doubt I'll be able to raise it again without assistence.

QUEENIE IS STILL FAT AND SASSY.  SHE'S 8 YRS OLD NOW AND HAS MELLOWED A LITTLE BIT.

SO I HOPE THAT ANYONE WHO READS THIS IS HAVING A GOOD DAY

Jewell Ann and the Queenie

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
S.O.S.   D.D.
               ^^^Different Days^^^^^^^^^^^

Happy Turkey Day
             From
  :) Queenie and I

SOMETIMES I WONDER IF ANYTHING NEW WILL HAPPEN IN MY LIFE?
S O S D D = Same Old S**t  Different Day  SEEMS TO BE A ONGOING THEME AT TIMES

FINALLY THE SAFARI IS ALMOST TO THE POINT THAT I CAN START WORKING ON THE INTERIOR.  THERE ARE STILL A FEW SMALL REPAIRS AND SOME UPGRADES TO BE DONE.  MAINLY MORE SUPPORT IN THE REAR, MAYBE EVEN AIRBAGS I D K.

A OLD FRIEND USED TO OFTEN REMARK
  "IT'S HELL GETTIN' OLD"  I'D ALWAYS REPLY "THE ONLY OTHER OPTION DOESN'T LOOK SO HOT TO ME EITHER"

SO I'M STILL IN MY APT.  IT'S NOT EMPTY YET!.  MY PLAN IS TO GET WHAT I'LL NEED TO TRAVEL IN THE VAN INTO IT AFTER THE BED PLATFORM IS BUILT.  THERE ARE THINGS I WILL KEEP IN THE ALINER THAT I'LL ONLY NEED IF I'M USING THE ALINER.

YARD SALES AND FLEA MARKETS ARE JUST TOO TIME CONSUMING AND TAKE TOO MUCH ENERGY THAT I DON'T HAVE TO SPARE RIGHT NOW.  ONCE I HAVE WHAT I NEED IN THE SAFARI AND ALINER ANYTHING ELSE WILL BE IN MY APT. BEDROOM AND KITCHEN.  THEN MY LIVING ROOM WILL BECOME THE SALE ROOM.  EXCEPT FOR MY KITCHEN FURNITURE AND APPLIANCES.

ONCE I HAD THE ALINER AND THEN THE SAFARI THE DREAM OF BEING ABLE TO MOVE AROUND AND VISIT FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND CAMP IN COMFORT BECAME A POSSIBILITY.  ALSO NOT BEING A TENANT IN A PUBLIC HOUSING COMPLEX THAT IS GOING DOWN HILL AT A HIGH RATE OF SPEED IS A BIG PART OF THIS CHANGE TO MY LIFE.

I NEVER DREAMED THAT IT WOULD TAKE OVER 2 & 1/2 YEARS  :s :-/  :huh:

SOMETIMES LIFE JUST HAPPENS.  IN THE PAST TWO YEARS MY MOMS HEALTH TOOK A BAD TURN AND SHE PASSED AWAY LAST JUNE.  

SEVERAL MONTHS BEFORE THAT I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH BOTH A TUMOUR GROWING AROUND A NERVE BUNDLE IN THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY BODY AND ALSO MULTI LEVEL DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE IN MY NECK TO ADD TO MY OTHER SPINE AND NERVE DAMAGE.  

APPARENTLY MY ALABAMA FAMILY MEMBERS AND I ARE NO LONGER ON SPEAKING TERMS.

MY SON RELOCATED TO ANOTHER STATE WHICH IS A GOOD THING AS HE HAS OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS THERE.

MY INTENT TO BECOME AT LEAST SEMI NOMADIC, WHICH TO ME MEANS LESS ROAD RUNNING AND MORE OF STAYING IN ONE AREA FOR A LONGER TIME HAS NOT CHANGED.  

ON ANOTHER FORUM I HAVE A THREAD CALLED "I'M MOVING SLOWLY" WHICH IS ABOUT GETTING READY TO TRAVEL IN THE SAFARI WITH OR WITHOUT A TRAILER.  I MAY NEED TO AMEND THAT THREADS NAME TO " I'M MOVING A LOT SLOWER, HOWEVER I AM STILL MOVING"  NEIGHBORS ASK ME HOW I'M DOING AND I JUST SMILE AND SAY :) " WELL I'M STILL UPRIGHT SO I'M DOING GOOD".

I'M LEARNING A NEW LANGUAGE  FROM A YOUNG COUPLE ON YOU TUBE.  THEIR CHANNEL IS TUCKER UPPER.  THEIR DREAM INCLUDES HAVING THEIR OWN BUSINESS OF DOING HOME REPO AND HOARDER HOUSE CLEAN OUTS TO SELLING AT FLEA MARKETS, ONLINE, AND YARD SALES, METAL SCRAPPING AND WHAT EVER THEY NEED TO DO TO SUPPORT THEMSELVES WHILE NOT WORKING A 9 TO 5 JOB WHICH SO MANY OF US DO OR HAVE DONE.

SO: IN TUCKER UPPER 
LIVING THE DREAM = SETTING THE GOALS FOR YOUR LIFE AND WORKING FOR THEM

WHAT'S THE CLAIM = WHAT'S THE IMMEDIATE GOAL......EVEN SOMETHING SIMPLE LIKE GOING TO WAFFLE HOUSE FOR BREAKFAST

THAT'S FIRE = THAT'S GREAT...SOMETHING SPECIAL OR UNIQUE.

SO QUEENIE IS SNORING.  I GUESS SHE WORE HERSELF OUT WATCHING ME HANG OUT CLOTHES AND DRAG YARD FURNITURE AROUND AND SCRUB DOWN THE BACK PORCH AND STEPS.  OH YEAH SHE LAY ON THE BATHROOM RUG TO MAKE SURE I DIDN'T FALL STEPPING OUT OF THE SHOWER.  I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO WITHOUT HER.  I DON'T EVEN WANT TO THINK ABOUT IT.

JEWELL ANN AND QUEENIE

P.S.   WED. "CLAIM" IS TO EITHER WORK IN THE ALINER OR A STORAGE UNIT IF IT'S COOL ENOUGH

:)  SOMETIME IN JULY {I THINK OR MAYBE IT WAS AUGUST} A FRIEND HELPED ME WITH THE ALINER.  FIRST EVERYTHING HAD TO COME OUT OF IT AND IT WAS LOADED TOO!  THEN WITH THE TWO OF US WORKING TOGETHER THE SIDE WALLS AND ROOF SECTIONS WERE LOWERED.

YOU TUBER SLIM POTATOHEAD ALSO HAS A 2004 ALINER WHICH IS THE SAME YEAR AS MINE.  HE HAS A VIDEO ON A SIMPLE LIFT ASSIST HE MADE USING A 2X4, A PLASIC CUTTING BOARD, A 5gal BUCKET AND SOME NUTS AND BOLTS.  MY FRIEND BUILT ONE FOR ME HOWEVER IT DIDN'T WORK LIKE SLIM'S DID.  WE DECIDED THAT BECAUSE MINE IS A LARGER MODEL WHICH MAKES THE ROOF SECTIONS HEAVIER AND THE SHOCK/BUNGEE CORDS THAT HOLD THE TWO ROOF SECTIONS TOGETHER ARE WORN IT JUST DIDN'T WORK.  I CAN HOWEVER NOW RAISE AND LOWER IT BY MYSELF.  SOMETHING I HADN'T THOUGHT TO CHECK WAS THE TIRE PRESSURE.  THEY'RE RATED FOR 50lbs AND THEY EACH HAD AROUND 12lbs IN THEM.  IT SITS ON ROCKS IN A COVERED SPOT.  IT HASN'T MOVED IN OVER A YEAR IF NOT LONGER SO I JUST THOUGHT IT HAD SETTLED AT LEAST THE TIRES WEREN'T DAMAGED.

I MAY BE MOVING SOMETIME IN JAN. OR FEB. MAYBE QUEENIE AND I WILL BE LIVING IN THE ALINER.  THINGS ARE STILL UNDECIDED ABOUT THAT.  BOTH IT AND THE SAFARI STILL NEED SOME  WORK.

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD HOLIDAY SEASON AND GETS TO DO EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT, WHERE THEY WANT, WITH FOLKS THEY WANT TO BE WITH OR BY THEMSELVES IF THAT'S WHAT IS WANTED.  LAST YEAR Q AND I STAYED HOME.....I THINK.  

JEWELLANN AND QUEENIE

P. S. QUEENIE SEEMS TO ALWAYS BE ON THE JOB.  ONE NIGHT RECENTLY SHE WOKE ME UP 3 TIMES IN A ROW.  BELIEVE ME A 12lb CHIHUAHUA PUSHING ON MY RIBCAGE WITH HER TWO FRONT FEET WHILE GRUNTING  WITH EACH PUSH WILL WAKE ME UP. 

EACH TIME  I ASKED HER WAS SHE HUNGARY, THIRSTY, NEED TO GO P?  BY THAT TIME I NEEDED TO GET UP.  THAT'S WHEN I FOUND OUT SOMETHING WAS SERIOUSLY  WRONG WITH ME.  I MADE IT BACK TO MY BED FROM THE KITCHEN AND TESTED MY BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL.  IT WAS DOWN TO 47!  

AROUND 80 I START SHAKING.  SHE KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING NEW TO ME THAT WAS WRONG.  USUALLY SHE ALERTS TO MY HIGH LEVELS WHICH ARE OFTEN OVER 300.  SO I ATE SOME HONEY AND WATCHED MY NUMBERS RISE UNTIL I THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE FOR ME TO GO TO SLEEP.  I THINK I WAS PRETTY CLOSE TO COMA TIME THAT NIGHT.  

THAT'S SCAREY SINCE SHE AND I ARE ON OUR OWN.  NOW I'M TRYING TO TAKE BETTER CARE OF MYSELF.  IT'S WORKED SO FAR.

TJB

:)  SOMETIME IN JULY {I THINK OR MAYBE IT WAS AUGUST} A FRIEND HELPED ME WITH THE ALINER.  FIRST EVERYTHING HAD TO COME OUT OF IT AND IT WAS LOADED TOO!  THEN WITH THE TWO OF US WORKING TOGETHER THE SIDE WALLS AND ROOF SECTIONS WERE LOWERED.

YOU TUBER SLIM POTATOHEAD ALSO HAS A 2004 ALINER WHICH IS THE SAME YEAR AS MINE.  HE HAS A VIDEO ON A SIMPLE LIFT ASSIST HE MADE USING A 2X4, A PLASIC CUTTING BOARD, A 5gal BUCKET AND SOME NUTS AND BOLTS.  MY FRIEND BUILT ONE FOR ME HOWEVER IT DIDN'T WORK LIKE SLIM'S DID.  WE DECIDED THAT BECAUSE MINE IS A LARGER MODEL WHICH MAKES THE ROOF SECTIONS HEAVIER AND THE SHOCK/BUNGEE CORDS THAT HOLD THE TWO ROOF SECTIONS TOGETHER ARE WORN IT JUST DIDN'T WORK.  I CAN HOWEVER NOW RAISE AND LOWER IT BY MYSELF.  SOMETHING I HADN'T THOUGHT TO CHECK WAS THE TIRE PRESSURE.  THEY'RE RATED FOR 50lbs AND THEY EACH HAD AROUND 12lbs IN THEM.  IT SITS ON ROCKS IN A COVERED SPOT.  IT HASN'T MOVED IN OVER A YEAR IF NOT LONGER SO I JUST THOUGHT IT HAD SETTLED AT LEAST THE TIRES WEREN'T DAMAGED.

I MAY BE MOVING SOMETIME IN JAN. OR FEB. MAYBE QUEENIE AND I WILL BE LIVING IN THE ALINER.  THINGS ARE STILL UNDECIDED ABOUT THAT.  BOTH IT AND THE SAFARI STILL NEED SOME  WORK.

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD HOLIDAY SEASON AND GETS TO DO EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT, WHERE THEY WANT, WITH FOLKS THEY WANT TO BE WITH OR BY THEMSELVES IF THAT'S WHAT IS WANTED.  LAST YEAR Q AND I STAYED HOME.....I THINK.  

JEWELLANN AND QUEENIE

P. S. QUEENIE SEEMS TO ALWAYS BE ON THE JOB.  ONE NIGHT RECENTLY SHE WOKE ME UP 3 TIMES IN A ROW.  BELIEVE ME A 12lb CHIHUAHUA PUSHING ON MY RIBCAGE WITH HER TWO FRONT FEET WHILE GRUNTING  WITH EACH PUSH WILL WAKE ME UP. 

EACH TIME  I ASKED HER WAS SHE HUNGARY, THIRSTY, NEED TO GO P?  BY THAT TIME I NEEDED TO GET UP.  THAT'S WHEN I FOUND OUT SOMETHING WAS SERIOUSLY  WRONG WITH ME.  I MADE IT BACK TO MY BED FROM THE KITCHEN AND TESTED MY BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL.  IT WAS DOWN TO 47!  B

AROUND 80 I START SHAKING.  SHE KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING NEW TO ME THAT WAS WRONG.  USUALLY SHE ALERTS TO MY HIGH LEVELS WHICH ARE OFTEN OVER 300.  SO I ATE SOME HONEY AND WATCHED MY NUMBERS RISE UNTIL I THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE FOR ME TO GO TO SLEEP.  I THINK I WAS PRETTY CLOSE TO COMA TIME THAT NIGHT.  

THAT'S SCAREY SINCE SHE AND I ARE ON OUR OWN.  NOW I'M TRYING TO TAKE BETTER CARE OF MYSELF.  IT'S WORKED SO FAR.

TJB