Truckers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good Morning All,

I have started my truck living and if I must say so I love it. I have never felt so at peace in my life. Just one thing, I sleep at the hotel that is in my town and it is also a spot for truckers to park and sleep. When I get up in the morning to leave for work it is usually clear but sometimes I may see a trucker leaving. Have anyone every ran into a trucker that have reported your stealth living to the authorities or hotel staff?

All the truckers I know are live and let live kinds of people. As long as you're not messing with their rigs, and parking where you don't interfere with their getting in and out you shouldn't have problem. Park way out of their way so they can manuever around you and don't park anywhere that's marked for brucks.

You shouldn't have any problems from truckers, just remember there rigs are bigger than yours so give them the room to park. Truckers live under strict federal laws so when their time is up for the day thay have to stop and park, if they can't park and get stopped by the law the fine can be huge.

Most truckers I have met/known are really nice hard working guys. Probably the only way they would report you is if you irritated them, parked in the big rig spots, or looked/acted really suspicious. Remember; they are used to living in a tight space on the road too -- you have more in common than you know, and you can learn a thing or two from them, so don't be afraid to strike up a conversation.

Unless you cut them off or deliberately slow them down, most truckers do not have the time to bother with someone elses problems. I depend on them for road and parking information, as well as critique on the 12 volt appliances sold at the truck stops.

Truckers don't give a hoot what you do as long as you share the road/parking with them. They get first dibs because their rigs are so hard to maneuver. Truckers are often overworked and have no time or energy to give you grief. If you affront them, they will talk to you waaaaaaaay before ever calling law enforcement or management.