Travel Trailer fridge power draw

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WanderLoveJosh

Reaction score
I went to look at a travel trailer that I really like, to find out the the fridge is electric only. Salesman of course doesn't know the amperage draw, because he's a salesman. He said he's gonna look into it, as I said I would do the same, having trouble finding any information tho.

The trailer is a 2014 Salem cruise lite, not sure what kind of fridge, but I'm wondering if there is a typical power draw on most of the ones that are electric only, the last thing I wanna do is have to worry a bout hooking this up to an inverter, and I'm not sure if I would wanna mess around with trying to swap out the fridge or how difficult something like that would be.

So if anyone has any insight on this, I would appreciate any input, the percentage that I would be hooked up to shore power would be about 5%, so thats what makes me hesitant on this. Thanks.

you need to find out the make and model. does it have an access panel on an outside wall? if it does open it up you should find the make and model number. is it dual voltage 120v, 12v? look for the fuse that runs the refer on 12v. it will tell you that it doesn't exceed the amp rating of the fuse but not actual amp draw. last but not least get a hold of the trailer manufacturer and ask them for the make and model number. highdesertranger