Trapped in my van!!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanimal

Reaction score
Ahh the pleasures of living in a van. I posted up on a street in a residential neighborhood. The occupants of the house I'm in front of came out to the stoop loaded with beers and a radio blasting rap/club music. They are currently about 3 feet from my van. Oh well. I'll just put on a movie and wait it out.<div><br></div><div>I bought some headphones when I realized I needed them for stealthy night time open window music/movie watching. I never thought I would use them to block out other unwanted noise!!!</div>

That's the great thing about mobile living... ya don't have to stick around!

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><span id="post_message_1270365481"></span></span>
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><span id="post_message_1270365481">That's the great thing about mobile living... ya don't have to stick around!</span></span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">&nbsp;</span>
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "></span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><br></span><div><br></div><div>Double true, but the reason I stay on this street is my friends art gallery. It has a bathroom and a shower and I have a key. So I don't want to make the natives restless just yet. I know I could go somewhere else but for some reason it just feels good to be close to it at night. I have started parking other places in the day. Writing this posted up at Del Taco in the employee end of the lot. Anyone tried the new 59 cent chipotle burrito? Legit.</div>

<p>You must be young to endure that noise for very long, even with ear phones.&nbsp; I love the solitude of the desert.&nbsp; Watching satellites going over head and hoping for a Giant Mother-ship to come pick me up is what I long for and live for.&nbsp; What? You don't know about the Giant&nbsp;Motherships with parks inside that are 25 miles in diameter?&nbsp; Stop watching TV it will only confuse you.&nbsp; Get on Robert Morning Sky's web site and learn all about it.&nbsp; </p>

<p>I've had a couple times when I had to play "possum" too... A person gets used to being stealthy.&nbsp; You did the right thing!&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm glad you are safe...&nbsp;Urban camping is kind of fun.&nbsp; The first few times its scary but after that, it's kind of fun.&nbsp; The benefits outweigh the negatives.</p>