Towels towels towels

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I did a lot of backpacking I used to bring a microfiber towel and smaller cotton hand towel. Used the microfiber to get me most the way dry then finished with the hand towel. This way the hand towel wasn't very wet and would air dry pretty quick.

But now that I see the comment about the flax/linen towel, i'm very intrigued and may have to order one!

I use a swimmers chamois towel when I'm camping, hiking, etc. Super lightweight and they dry hard as a rock like a crusty sponge - but they absorb tons of water. They wring out to nearly dry instantly, just roll up, twist and it's as good as new. They are usually fairly small and you just ring them out and use them as many times as necessary, you can even use them to dry clothes off, they just suck water up like nobodies business! Once rung out, they dry completely very fast in the sun or just laying out. Usually you fold them first as they sort of get stuck in that position once they are totally dry.

Oh yeah! Good idea angryvanman... chamois work good! (even car chamois)

The answer to the odor issue is to use borax and laundry soda (50/50 mix). It will clean as good as any product..and kill the odor.

I buy these at Walmart...and mix into a 2 quart pitcher. Costs about $9 and last for months. (Plus you don't carry around the water that liquid detergent has).

For a quick odor killing without the wash, rinse in 3 gal water with 2 cups of apple cider vinegar. The smell of vinegar is gone when it drys...and so are all the other smells too.

In fact, apple cider vinegar is excellent to kill any and all odors. Very goo deodorant too. All natural. Works great

vinegar kills some germ others no. leave a bottle of vinegar open to the air for a couple of months in the right conditions and you will see what I mean. highdesertranger

Latest posts