Torklift-Timbren

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunny

Reaction score
Since my stunt driving in California I have been a bit paranoid while pulling my trailer, even with the Equalizer Hitch and sway bar. 

I'm well under gross weight for my truck and perhaps with the hitch fine tuned there will be no sway, maybe.

Truck wise I have three options, rear stabilizer bar, Torklift Load Assist or Timbrens. All about the same price ($200.00) give or take. 

Anyone use or recommend one over the other?

I may not need it, I just don't want to sweat the sway...

Rob

Like you we have a truck and small trailer, well within limits, equalizer, sway bar. While at a campground our neighbors had a ford 150 4x4 with a camper shell. on top was a two person boat, inside lots of rods n reels and fishing stuff. they were pulling a 28' (not including hitch) TT with two slides, extra shelf over propane tanks with large generator, trolling motor, and small motor, and inside everything they needed for full timing. i talked to him about how much he was pulling as asked him how he did it. we sorta crawled under his truck so he could show me the stableloads that he had installed. otherwise its a stock truck. when they pulled out, their truck was much more level than ours. i'd love to hear what others have to say about them.

You can find the stable loads at Etrailer.com Their prices are good and you can usually find vehicle specific parts. Nice to deal with.

Rob

Latest posts