Top Ten Reasons A Dog Is Better Than A Spouse

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my_vantasy

Reaction score
I was doing some cleaning and found this clipping from Best Friends Animal Sanctuary Magazine, dated March/April 2000. Fifteen years later and I think it still applies!

Top Ten Reasons A Dog Is Better Than A Spouse:

10: Loves it when you leave your clothes all over the floor.
9: Anyone can get a good-looking dog.
8: Thinks you sing great.
7: Manages to look "cute and goofy" when drooling.
6: The later you are, the more excited your dog is to see you.
5: Never needs to examine the relationship.
4: Agrees that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.
3: Finds you even more interesting when you don't shower.
2: A dog's parents never visit.

...and the #1 reason a dog is better than a spouse...Doesn't want to know about every other dog you ever had.

Hope this makes some dog people smile!!

My longest, most stable and healthiest relationships have been with dogs. The only truly unconditional love I've had has been from dogs. Dogs are the ONLY creatures on this planet that willingly throw their lot in with us. Humans are so undeserving of this love, yet they still give freely their wisdom. We can only aspire to a portion of the attributes that they are born with.
A spouse is a human being (?)(LOL) and as such, unable to measure up to the level of a dog.

You people just haven't let yourselves be in the right relationship. My wife was my best friend for almost 40 years.

I prefer darker humor. 11- During famine, more comfortable cooking the dog than the spouse.

Strive to be the person your dog thinks you are.

You people just haven't let yourselves be in the right relationship. My wife was my best friend for almost 40 years.

Terry, my husband of 40 years and I had a wonderful relationship, too, before he got Lewy Body Dementia.  During those ten harrowing years my dog was my best friend and faithful companion and still is. 

Lostinspace said:
That must be why they call a dog "Mans best friend".....

And cats a Womans best friend :p  Sorry couldn't help myself; I love dogs too :D ! What a sad world it would be without out pets! :shy:

Unconditional love:

Close your spouse and your dog in the trunk of your car for 30 minutes...see which one is excited to see you when you let them out.

they forgot one, your dog never argues with you. at least I hope not. highdesertranger

Mine doesn't exactly argue, but she does grumble out loud when I tell her to move to her own side of the bed. lol

Well, there's one dog left of my wife's and she (the dog) used to think she would like to argue with me but I showed her that those teeth and claws weren't a match for me. I still have to be ready for an argument with her if I reach to grab her though.