This Walmart parking lot is about to get shady.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang...I must of dozed off... I thought Buzkin's post was "asked and answered"...wasn't it?

Peace to all and to all a goodnight........TJB Bukzin sorry about that...I did too doze off

I previously made the following comment on this thread:
"Those big 2-megawatt turbines you see on wind farms? They can spin until they fall apart and never generate the amount of energy that went into them."

I've since learned that my words, taken from an article I'd read elsewhere, are not entirely true and should be disregarded. That article was filled with misquotes and twisted statements. I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

I'm still firmly in favor of buying my own small power system and installing it on my van, trailer, or off-grid cabin/shack. I'm saving up and making plans for just that. You do the same. You all have a nice day, now, ya' hear?

How refreshing!

Yep lots of disinformation / propaganda out there on energy issues.

Even the smallest wind generator I have seen, would not be suitable for a van. Off grid cabin or house, maybe. There were a lot of wind generating towers in back yards and farms around me, but now derelict. Too much maintenance. People are now using solar panels.

I saw this thread earlier this year and it got me to wondering if a local Walmart had solar paneling that doubled as covered parking. I thought they just offered covered parking as a courtesy since it gets so brutally hot here in the summer (I live in the Mojave). 

Anyway, I went there to investigate, and sure enough it was solar (I attached a couple of photos).

After I saw this I started noticing it everywhere. There are huge covered lots at Antelope Valley Community College and Kaiser Permanente off the 14. Both are patrolled at night. The Walmart is located on Avenue J, but I don't know if they allow overnight parking. The Walmart on Central Valley Way doesn't have covered parking. All of these places are located in Lancaster off the 14.

There is a lot of BLM land in the area, so if anyone is so unfortunate to be camped out here in the summer those are some places to consider. There are also numerous other places that are easy to spot and much more stealth.