The Scrubba - clothes washing solution.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the Scrubba, paid less than $40. I have used it twice. The first time I washed large microfiber bath towels, 3 of them. I used it on the shower floor and a good thing because the water can come out. The top is a fold-over and snap shut belt. It isn't particularly easy to knead the bag. I just did 2 thermal tops and a swim suit in order to see if it would be a better experience. It wasn't. After washing/rinsing comes the pressing out the water which doesn't work well at all in the bag. You end up with almost all the water still in the clothes at the end. I can use the bag for other purposes, maybe if something got disgusting that I didn't want to touch it by hand washing, it would be worth it. Hand wringing is difficult for me anyway. If you could do this outside and just immediately hand it over a clothesline to drip, it could be better.

I am investigating "salad spinners", the Laundry Pod is sort of like one and they have actual commercial size laundry spinners, might even sell them in town at the restaurant supply house.

Mr.LooRead said:
This concept is just the opposite of my prime directive while being a snowbird in South Florida, which is to meet rich single cougars.

Coin operated public Laundromats are prefect places to meet women.

I go on a weekly basis even if I have little clothes that need to be washed and dried.

If I find one with fast free wireless internet that gives me access to 110 ac power in an upscale area that has a large cable flat screen that’s a bonus.

Curious, how successful has this been for you.....meeting single, rich cougars in S. Florida? If you have been successful I may have to move to S. Florida  :rolleyes:

I don't imagine you'll find the rich cougars at the laundromat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to use a regular water proof bag similar to those. To wring out the clothes I would put them between some scrap plywood and drive over them with my truck.

Yea rich cougars and laundry mats go together about as good as oil and water. I'd be interested to hear his reply back. Perhaps he was successful and was ridden, I mean rode off into the sunset.

I forgot to mention that part of the process is at the end after you rolled and tried to press out the excess water is to roll and squeeze the garments in a microfiber towel. That helps but then, you have wet microfiber towels in addition to the wet clothes you washed. I considered buying one of the clothes spinners that extract water and this would be a good option for hand or Scrubba type washing BUT they are electric and take up too much space, even the smaller one, a Nina Soft Spin Dryer which has good reviews.

I noticed on a motorcycle trip through the Rockies several summers ago that I could hand wash clothes in a hotel bath during my shower, hang them in the room to dry and they would be bone dry every morning due to the low humidity. I've yet to have that happen here on the east coast where the humidity is always high.

Snow Gypsy said:
I forgot to mention that part of the process is at the end after you rolled and tried to press out the excess water is to roll and squeeze the garments in a microfiber towel.  That helps but then, you have wet microfiber towels in addition to the wet clothes you washed.   I considered buying one of the clothes spinners that extract water and this would be a good option for hand or Scrubba type washing BUT they are electric and take up too much space, even the smaller one, a Nina Soft Spin Dryer which has good reviews.
I have used this electric spinner for several years and it does a great job extracting water. It is smaller than the Nina spin dryer,both of which just extract water. In warm weather I can hang clothes inside to dry and they are ready in a few hours. In the winter it takes longer unless I put a fan on them. Although the timer can be set for several minutes (maybe 15) I found most clothes spin in a few minutes. You can only do a few articles at a time. I don't know much about inverters but this says 60watts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002...ry+spinner&dpPl=1&dpID=31AewtnEvvL&ref=plSrch