the Gym

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver

Reaction score
I finally   made it to AnyTime Fitness in Cali.

1 Week Trial Membership $20 deposit which I Retrieved after 1 week.

i arrived @ 6 am with my Free membership in my phone.
i didn't know staff hrs start @ 10 am.

The door was locked but a few mins later a staff asked what i needed.
She was  a Group Instructor.

3 restrooms for members.  So only 3 people can use the toilet or showers @ a time.
During peak hrs I only saw ~ 22 people in the gym so not so crowded.

I have a Planet Fitness membership. I chose the Black Card membership because I can use any PF anywhere with that particular membership and there are quite a few of them, too. My home base PF is, of course, here in Sioux Falls. I did mention that I travel and was told there should be no problem since I have the Black Card membership. It $19.99 a month and once a year, it's a (I think!?) $39.99 charge for the year. I like the fact that they don't check your financial situation/credit to even join in the first place. It is a 12 month commitment if you choose this particular membership.

Of course, if one is tied to a particular city because of a job, kids, or other personal situation, a regular membership (I think it's $10.00) might be the way to go because while you are only allowed to use your home PF, there's no commitment or anything if I remember correctly. The hours are 24/5 Monday-Friday (close at 9 pm Friday night) and 7 am to 7 pm Saturday and Sunday here in Sioux Falls. They reopen at 5 am Monday morning.

Anyway, it works for me but what's right for me may not be for someone else so make sure to consider your own particular situation before making a decision.

VanGrrl57 :)

staff hours? R Hours of Operation where the Admins can process New Members.
Non Staff hours R when the Employees arent usually there, like the middle of the night.

Planet Fitness  is a good option also.  Even if some of them aren't 24 hrs,   . . .
good place to park over night ?

- When I exercise regularly, I sleep so much better.  I didn't wake up in the mid of the night.
& I woke up refreshed & felt well rested :)