The Fat Van rides again

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i see you havent added the code to auto resize the pictures :angel:

some pics via links

panels with reflectix on my giant windows

cover for the windshield

little coal stove

little exhaust fan,that piece of sheet metal can be moved to block off the outside so it then recycles the air inside moving air around the stove

two pedals became one https://imgur.com/Wd3R0rY

B and C said:
Nice.  I sure miss those headlight dimmer switches on the floor.

Brian you just got nominated for a yarc award

Headache said:
Gary!  Where did you get that little coal stove?  I LOVE it!

after keeping an eye out for a couple years i found this one on ebay,its a fatsco pet https://www.fatscostoves.com:444/

only used it with briquettes and they last maybe an hour with good heat,real coal will be better,still looking for a heat shield, thinking of an old porcelain sign but they are collectable and cost to much for a 2'x2' so think i will just make something up until i find one somewhere,dont want something shinny inside and have till next winter to get something

combined with the rv propane furnace i have plenty of heat

my rear end got did

before

after

since these chevys dont have a glove box i made one

my heater blower motor made noise,was weird,couldnt find the exact replacement and the standard gm one didnt work,weird wiring so off came the dash and rewired to what i know all good now

roof vent was in the middle of the rig so pluged and fiberglassed it and got one with a fan and moved it back as far as i could

I don’t think we’ve met because I came into this forum the end of last year but let me tell you that calling Your rig fatvan is offensive - I resemble that remark.:)

nature lover said:
I don’t think we’ve met because I came into this forum the end of last year but let me tell you that calling Your rig fatvan is offensive - I resemble that remark.:)
well,hello nature lover,im Gary aka Blacktank,i've recently dropped 30lb's so maybe i should change the name to chubby van :D

besides the getting old and falling apart doing ok,how about yourself?

about the same. dug up some Gold this summer over in eastern Oregon. in fact I will start to head south this week. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
about the same.  dug up some Gold this summer over in eastern Oregon.  in fact I will start to head south this week.  highdesertranger
south to eastern oregon?

baker city ish?

yeah up in the Blue Mountains. boy in the spring I was trying to get someone to come and help, I gave up. just did the split with the property owner today.

"south to eastern oregon?"

I meant I am in eastern Orygon and I am headed south this week.

highdesertranger

if there is enough to keep me fed and get gas home maybe i'll see what your doing next spring

did a trip out there as a kid,pyrite heavy stream so i was happy,if i would of payed attention my grandpa took me to a stream just in idaho,garnets everywhere,dare near marble size