The Colorado mid/late summer RTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep health comes first!!!

If this goes down, I'd be interested in attending.

Thank you both. It's not as bad as it sounds, I just don't know when I will be incapacitated or for how long. It was only fair to mention it since it may affect others.

On the plus side they are giving me a shiny new placard for my mirror. No more shuffling in from the parking lot.

Jim - I am in the Denver area. Can't make hard and fast plans that far out, but there is a good chance I will be available to help. PM me if interested.

Sorry to hear the news, and good luck with the medical stuff...

cd

Jim, here's hoping for a quick and complete recovery. I'm an hour south of Denver and am willing to help any way I can. I don't think I can be at the actual event for a whole 2 weeks, but I plan to at least be there for long weekends. I can help with scouting out some areas and services first also. Just PM me with anything you'd like me to do and we'll get er done.

helping hands, this is what makes this forum great. Jim I hope everything turns out ok. highdesertranger

HDR, you are so right. It's nice to be part of something when the SHTF. Last night I noticed more than numbness so I'll be lighting a fire under them tomorrow. It backed off some today so I'm still hoping.

The biggest thing is finding the right area. Depending on how next week goes I'll either be camping, exploring or face down in a bed.

I would be interested in going. I'm like cognitive dissonance. I live in Denver and can't really make plans that far out but I'm willing to take a few days to meet everyone. Keep us posted

I was planning on Lake Navajo down way south but could come up to Gunnison instead.  I'm a newbie so will be the first time out with my new set up and your group, if invited.  Will most likely be overpacked...   2000 4x4 Yukon, snow tires.  I am hoping to build a Harbor Freight trailer by then but dont have to bring it if the area is too rough.  I do have extra stuff because am used to prepping for a large family.

Given the demise of the early summer RTR I thought that I would resurrect this thread.

It seemed that a number of folks were interested in getting together in Gunnison Colorado later this summer before this thread lost momentum.

I'll be hitting the road in a few days and will be visiting Crested Butte and Gunnison Colorado and several other spots.  I will check the the area out for suitability.  My cell service is Verizon and I will check the signal strength on both my phone and hotspot.

I have the requisite maps for the Gunnison area on hand.

That's great. I'm still in the "you will do nothing and like it' mode for a while.

It's too hot here in Flagstaff for me so I'm going to Colorado to get above 9000 feet. I already know some places, but who knows good camps above 9000 feet with a strong Verizon data signal?
Bob

akrvbob said:
It's too hot here in Flagstaff for me so I'm going to Colorado to get above 9000 feet. I already know some places, but who knows good camps above 9000 feet with a strong Verizon data signal?
Bob

Do you remember the old " Be Like Mike " ads?   I want to "Be Like Bob"

Is it too hot to sleep where you are?   Poor Cell phone reception?  Noisy neighbors you can't get away from?                                               Is your rent so high you can barely afford to live?

Well you too Can "Be Like Bob" and all his friends.  There is a life of freedom few know about. 
                                     Just go to Cheap RV Living.com  for complete information.  

BE ADVISED  {warning this freedom lifestyle may become addictive and also be a hazard to your landlords                                                 and local utility companies yearly gross income level}

I hope you guys get to regroup and have another RTR this year   :)
                :angel:      Queenie made me do this........Bad dog Queenie..........Here eat a Bon Bon

Unfortunately I am still on the do nothing plan so any help is appreciated.