The Beginning of a Never Ending Adventure

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice!
what are the pros and cons of tapatalk, if you don't mind me asking? I've thought about it, but hesitate, as I thought I saw in the ad for it that it 'contains adds' and i don't want an app eating my data if it doesn't make up for it in some way

I'm not really sure apart that you can post images without using much data at all. That's all I use it for.

Turns out sitting in Arizona for months isn't for me. Once the storm in the Midwest disperses I'll be heading back to Michigan to begin the downsize for summer traveling into the back of my truck with a topper.

The nice thing about outfitting the truck, is you'll be able to explore more. Sitting in one place for more than a couple weeks isn't for me either, but there are a ton of places I've yet to see in the AZ, CA, and Baja deserts. Safe travels.

Made I think in late last night. Averaged 10.3mpg which I was pretty pleased with.

Haven't posted in a while, made it to New Mexico with a few set backs. Once side of the rack on my topper wasn't properly installed and came undone going 75mph, that was fun. Then had a break line get tore out a couple miles in gila national forest on Sunday, that was a long limp back to Truth or Consequences. 2nd night at the hotel tonight and should be back on the road tomorrow by noon.

These are the posts that scare me and make me think I must be losing my freakin' mind to want to live in a van! Hope things go better soon!

Fortunately neither broke the bank. The rack didn't break, just had to be properly installed. All it cost me was gas from Michigan to Chicago and back. The brakes will end up being $150 roughly and $45 for motel.

I've also been full timing for almost a year and if I can get away with about $1000 of total vehicle expenses (150ish being oil changes) I'll take it. Had a wheel bearing go out day 3 in Salida, fortunately it was flat as the axle broke too. My truck was trying to tell me but I ignored it hoping to make it to gunnison. Listen to your vehicle lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost an axle bearing last year during a long road trip. Turns out axle housings are easy to bend slightly. You might have it checked as it will cause bearings to go quicker. Be sure to do a one sided or fold down bed if you have a short topper. Being able to sit in a lawn chair without hitting your head in the back of the truck on bad weather days makes it much nicer.

137a8b76fc909dd71b65a2f1f0361d8f.jpg

The few for a while, hopefully.

I was looking off the point I took the above photo off and the dog started freaking out so we went back to the truck. Solid 2 hours later, I go out to go to the bathroom and his hair instantly goes up and he jumps back in the truck. I think we might have a mountain lion nearby.

Oopslala said:
I was looking off the point I took the above photo off and the dog started freaking out so we went back to the truck.  Solid 2 hours later, I go out to go to the bathroom and his hair instantly goes up and he jumps back in the truck.  I think we might have a mountain lion nearby.

I agree completely, and yu should trust his warnings!!! My last dog Homer was utterly fearless so when he took off running to the truck in total fear, I knew it was a mountain lion. We packed up and headed out post-haste!

Yup, that photo is New Mexico as I remember it.  The Land of Enchantment.  Be safe, Bruddah.

Been a while since I posted on here. I spend the majority of my time shed antler hunting lately, averaging about 50 miles hiked a week. Here's what I've got in a little over a month, selling them tomorrow, should get a nice chunk of money.
a42af231eaf9324e50593effdc308174.jpg

nice, a few of those came off some nice bucks. approximately what area did you collect these? highdesertranger

Near the gila national forest. Sorry I don't want to be too specific haha, this is my funding and I plan to come back here in a month when the bulls are done dropping. They're holding the antlers really late this year

What do they pay for those if may ask? They charge a lot for a tiny bit in a pet store.

Right now elk are $14/lb for brown $9 for white and $3 for chalk. Mule deer are 11/7/1 if I remember right

That's awesome. My younger son landed a job with Wyoming Game and Fish for the summer, working on the elk winter range outside of Dubois, WY. That's just across the mountains from the more famous one outside of Jackson Hole. It will be interesting to see if he finds many i that area, or if the Elk move to higher ground there before shedding.