The Beginning of a Never Ending Adventure

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9 months later, it's my last day of work before I head out to Colorado. 2-3 more hours and I'm done, for good.

It hasn't really hit me yet that I'll be flipping my world upside down in 2 weeks. Leaving tentatively on the 10th and starting my host job on the 14th of May.

Congrats on your new adventure.  You pictures are not up anymore.  Can't see your ride!

Yeah they took the camper off their website and I never got around to posting any haha.

I'll work on it once I get all moved in and close up the battery area

Now you can replace the dog's smiling face on your avatar with one of both of you smiling!

Well tonight's the first night sleeping in the camper! Still parked in my dads driveway, but I've officially 'moved in'. The dogs cuddled up under the covers passed out so he doesn't seem to mind it. Time to turn some music on and listen to the rain patter on the roof.

I find few things as soothing as rain patter on the roof. maybe a mountain creek. highdesertranger

HDR - rain on quality tent canvas - the best. Oopsalala, what campground will you be hosting at? I'd love to stop by and meet you in my summer wanderings around Colorado.

I will have to respectfully disagree with you, rain on a tin roof is the best :)

just as long as it doesn't hail on that tin roof. I have been under many a tin roofs during a hail storm. it can be deafening. highdesertranger

Well I leave in less than 4 days. It hasn't really sunk in quite yet that I'll be living in Colorado in 5 days. I think once my truck is out of the shop tomorrow (another $250 out the window on top of hitch installation, guess there is a faulty ground somewhere in the truck). Fingers crossed there's no more unexpected expenses before I even depart.

Well, I leave tomorrow. Time to take the plunge

I'm so excited for you!! What part of CO are you host camping? I've got to drive through CO on my way north and would love to stop, rest and meet you.

I'll be in te gunnison national forest. Shoot me a PM when you're planning on being in the area and I'll give you exact location.

I may not respond for 1-2 weeks if there's no service on top of the mountains.

Stopped in Des Moines for the night.

While driving through Illinois I believe, we went past the RV/MotorHome Hall of Fame. Never had the slightest clue there was such a thing