Thank you everyone!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanbrat

Reaction score
So a bit of a story here. 

We went camping with some really nice friends this week end. Had a great time. And thanks to all the help and advice from some of the folks here I got to be helpful and hubby got a giggle.

The 2 families that had big fancy RVs told us they wanted to do dinners and brunches. Ok I will lend a hand and provide the jam and some desserts. As I had to work long hours the day we left, that was what I thought I could do and not screw up. At each meal I had at least 2 people asking me if I had this tool or that tool, sharp real knives, big or/and little, or an extra cutting board, and do I have bleach, dish towels, strainer and could they use my little extra burner. 
As we prepared for bed the other family, in a tent, that was invited to camp asked where the bathroom for the park was when told it was a 3 block walk she was ready to cry (preggers) We offered to share our outhouse bucket set up we use at night. Her hubby was so relieved as she told him to just pack up she could not do 3 blocks! We had the extra dog supplies and TP for the one RV and ALL in my little van... We went to the beach and poor old Grandma from the 2 RVers had come with us to the drive-on beach, but as RV don't do well she had to sit in the little tow car that they drove. Until we turned the van to block the wind. And when it came time to eat the picnic brought from the RV's again it was the tiny van kitchen that they had to ask for supplies from.
Hubby got to take a few of his tools out too. 
We did of course forget a few things......like the kites and the beach drawing tool thingies. But that's ok next time.
We all had a great time And the tenting couple is now talking about a small van instead of tents as she is not able to get up from the ground as easy as she once did and the idea of baby care in a tent is not something she wants to do. HE likes how easy the van was in parking lots etc. 

Anyway here is the big huge THANK YOU to everyone in here. I have learned a ton from everyone as I read all your posts I would not have been able to do what I got to do.

You, VanBrat, are what my dear friend Kate and I used to call "van spoiled"! :D   Vans are magic.  With a well-equipped one, you can seemingly pull a rabbit out of a hat and amaze onlookers.  (Yes, we have a kite onboard at all times.)

Thanks for sharing this delightful experience!

Latest posts