swivel base for a 2016 kia soul

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanndykes

Reaction score
Does anyone know what size or brand of swivel base that I  need to convert my passenger seat to a swivel in my  2016 Kia Soul? Also I took out my back seats to start my conversion to a camper car. Has anyone done this on a 2016 Kia Soul? There is a metal piece and a lot of different levels to deal with. If so, how did you deal with the different levels?

I got my  hands on a swivel base that was so old that it had the extension on it for the seat belt attachment - common long before the seat belt became fastened to the wall of the vehicle.

I had the guy that was doing my body work to modify it so it would fit the van.

The base to floor bolt holes didn't line up with the bolt holes in the floor so he filled them in on the floor and drilled new ones. The base to seat bolt holes didn't line up so new ones were drilled in the base. And, of course, the seat belt attachment arm was cut off, smoothed out. I had him paint it while it was out.

The biggest challenge was getting it in a place that the seat could be turned around without having to have the side door open.

You're not likely to find a swivel base that is made for the Kia so you may as well just plan on finding any base you can get and modifying it.

A lot of the older motor homes had swivel bases. You might find something you could use in an RV junkyard.

joanndykes said:
Does anyone know what size or brand of swivel base that I  need to convert my passenger seat to a swivel in my  2016 Kia Soul? Also I took out my back seats to start my conversion to a camper car. Has anyone done this on a 2016 Kia Soul? There is a metal piece and a lot of different levels to deal with. If so, how did you deal with the different levels?

Thank you Almost There for your reply.