Step Van Black/Grey Tank?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the Rule says "wastewater", do we KNOW that they're referring only to black water? Our friend has a popup with a 15 gallon permanent gray water tank, with a 5 gallon cassette toilet. Also, if our friend says that they are camping with another party that DOES have a large black water tank, will that work anymore? (It apparently used to).
Yes black water tank. No you can’t say your friend has a black tank. The rangers could care less. BUT if they see the outlet for the gray tank on the side of the rig (it’s there right?). They will assume you are good if you are quiet.

I'm in the planning stages of a stealth Step Van Tiny home.
Does any one have advice / instructions on adding Black and Grey Tanks as well as possible battery mounting under the Step Van?
I've never lived in a RV of any kind, but I live in a single room NYC apartment.

Attachments

• IMG_20220213_161333169_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220213_161333169_HDR.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220212_151450478_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220212_151450478_HDR.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 5
20 and a 27 gallon tank toilet Will go on top of the 20 we're going to plumbing the 27 for shower and sink it's mounted under the side of the box on the G20 I still got about 14 in of ground clearance equal to the bottom of the cab.probably never use the toilet just to hook both the tanks together to get about 47 gallons of gray water do some kind of composting setup this is basically just to get around the RV rule conversion

I would add a valve to the outlet pipe so you can equalize the tanks easy.

Latest posts