Step Van frame blueprints?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratteler

Reaction score
Step Van or Fedex/UPS style truck. Also considered a bread truck.
I do 3D work as my job/hobby. I'm looking for a Step Van model that has an accurate frame, or 2D blueprints so I model it myself, then layout grey/black tank plumbing, battery, and other issues.

This will be my home most likely till I'm gone, So I need to do it right the first time.

Start with the basic concept that form follows function. It's a box that includes blisters for wheel wells on the inside. It has a content wall behind the driver seat. That wall might go all the way across to the opposite side. If so it might include a door. It might have a glass / polycarbonate roof so that light can get through. It might need insulation if it is not already there. You need to know this much before you start your 3-D work. Then there is your lifestyle choices and the comforts of your new home to consider. You must also figure out if you intend to use solar panels on the roof. Does it get an air conditioner or smart fan up there? Will there be gray & black water tanks? Will there be a water heater? Will there be propane tanks and lines?

Make up a list of everything it will have and then figure out how to make it all fit. I get the idea that you want to design this and build it only once. Have you ever lived in an RV before? Do you know what is important to you when you go camping? How much junk are you going to take with you? Storage space is everything for some people. Some people like outdoor cooking, barbecue, gas flat top griddles, pressure cookers, etc... There are so many variables. Good luck with your design.

Locate a van first, then get measurements and make things fit. They come in all different shapes and sizes. Aim for a metal roof without roll up doors.