Standard flange vs reverse flange high top

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone explain what the difference is between the standard flange and reverse flange high tops is? I'm looking to put a high top on my E-150 but have no idea what the difference is between the two. Ideally I want to get it professionally installed, but I'm having trouble finding anyone who does that in the northeast.

blackmajik2049 said:
Can anyone explain what the difference is between the standard flange and reverse flange high tops is? I'm looking to put a high top on my E-150 but have no idea what the difference is between the two. Ideally I want to get it professionally installed, but I'm having trouble finding anyone who does that in the northeast.

The top I bought from Fiberine is reverse flange, which according to TCI, is the best top to buy. I am not 100% sure, but I think it means that the bolts/screws that attach the top to the roof are inside the van and thus not exposed to the weather (no rusting). The standard flange top has the bolts/screws on the outside of the top. If you get a standard top, make sure the screws/bolts are stainless steel.

Latest posts