SSI

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnyslife

Reaction score
I have seen a few posts on SSDI but I need to ask about van dwelling when on just SSI: I don't have enough work credits to be eligible for SSDI so the only income I get is SSI - the amount is enough for me to survive on my own if I'm not paying rent and utilities so I am sure this is what I want to do - my question is, what address do you give if you aren't living in a s&b and have no one else's address to use?

Thank you in advance.
Barbara

are they asking for an address? my checks are direct deposited. they haven't asked for address since I got my new card about 10 years ago and that was just where to mail the card too. highdesertranger

I just signed up for SSI last night. They asked for an address and a bank routing number for either a checking or savings account. I'm not sure if you have someone who will let you use their address. I have a 38 year old daughter who is a digital nomad and has lived out of the country for over 5 years. I am her mail forwarding service. I take a picture of anything important and e-mail the images to her. When I bought my van in December 2018, my insurance company asked me about her. They wanted to charge me for an additional driver on my policy. I explained the situation, and they did not charge me extra.