Sportsman 800 generator on sale at home depot

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spaceman Spiff said:
Battery chargers are typically rated for output amperage @12V.  6.7 amps would be the maximum input voltage @120V supplied by the linked Sportsman GEN100i inverter/generator.  Mine powers my 35A Progressive Dynamics charger without problem (< 4A @120V).

Any internal combustion engine will have reduced output at altitude unless the fuel:air ratio is adjusted or it is turbocharged.

Thanks Spiff! I think my charger is a 20a unit so no problem. May have to upgrade and get the most out of run time.

Would you pay the $18 for 2 yr Home Depot warranty?
Never buy but thought it might be good in this case? What do you think?

any small engine approved for sale in California has a non-adjustable carburetor. on some of the carbs it's easy to defeat the non-adjustability on others it's impossible. thank you California. highdesertranger

I don't buy extended warranties on the little stuff. If it makes it through the original warranty, it is probably good to go.

@ Gr8ful I run a blend in my vehicles too. Since our son has taken over the '93 Cobra, all he'll put in it is Royal Purple. Not sure what he puts in the daily drivers.

It has a year so I'll pass, look at the Amazon ad it tells of using on 8000 watt A/C & has a video & much more info.

Gr8ful said:
I bet if the carb  isn't adjustable I can add a small fan on the intake to give it a bit more air at altitude, Go Red Green!

A turbo is just a fancy squirrel cage fan.  All you need is to have more air flow than the carb needs to build positive pressure.  Engine is 40 cc so that shouldn't be hard; any fan bigger than 0.5 cfm will work.

Gr8ful said:
It has a year so I'll pass, look at the Amazon ad it tells of using on 8000 watt A/C & has a video & much more info.

That review is for another generator and is mixed in with the reviews for the 1000i. I came across the same review. The Sportsman 1000i will run some 5000 btu AC units. Jim in Denver runs his and I've seen others do the same on YouTube. I have the Sportsman 1000i myself. Runs great. I think I paid 157. for it last year

I just pulled the trigger ordered the unit and 2yr extended warranty as well. It begins at the expiration of the MFG 1yr warranty. At $18 what the heck.

Mentioned above was info from Amazon the the generator will run a 8,000 watt air conditioner. Obviously not. It was 8,000 btu and only select models.

1. What is difference from tan unit sold at sams club.
2. Why the 3000 ft disclaimer.

I can't imagine a generator that will not run over 3000 feet. That eliminates Denver and the whole east range.

Today is the last day to order for those interested.
Fyi, they also have the dual fuel Sportsman 2200/1800 model for $449.

This model also happens to be selling in Walmart.com for the exact same price and conditions. As it's in the app, not sure if there is a price or sale deadline.
Here is the interesting part for those on the road and with no address and not desiring to go the local general delivery PO and it's issues.
An item can be purchased at any Walmart store at the pickup counter with an item number, processed & tracking info to your email, and shipped to store for pickup. Since it's Walmart, any problems or issues can be dealt with there, like a refund in worst case scenario. Delivery to a PO or third party address brings it's own issues as to third party shipping and address, with those problems and headaches, was it delivered, damage, responsible for problems, etc....
Dealing directly with Walmart avoids almost all online ordering issues.

Fyi for future use and online purchasing.
No credit card required and no online fraud issues, pay at store.
You may be surprised at what you can now get in Walmart.com or the app, as they compete with Amazon.

All you do is adjust the idle screw as I posted on the Energizer genset thread as it says the same thing. Got my 19# 1000/800 watt in friday & it's nice, light & a great buy at $149. I pay them with paypal so no risk at all.

I have the Ryobi 700/900watt propane generator ($250 when I got it). I didn't want to deal with carrying gasoline in the van or trailer. I also didn't want to deal with hassles of gasoline. Between the trailer and the 11# gas cylinders I use separately for the Wave 3, I carry 82# of propane when full. I also can use the 1 pound propane containers in the generator (I have that for the stove when I cook outside). The generator works great, but is now sitting in the warehouse. I imagine I'll take it with me when I'm in the Pacific Northwest.. We've been boond9cking since the end of November and the solar has handled it all. I still get 100+ watts in, even in heavy overcast. But then again, I usually only use from 17-35ah a night from 400ah of battery. Depends on Hubby being home and watching tv.

I forgot to say that I was using the generator at 7000+ feet and it performed flawlessly.

Just another option. Best wishes,
Ted

Looks like they put the 3000' warning on many of them but a simple idle adjustment fixes it.
1# of LP =.21 gallons, a 20# tank has 4.2 gallons & a gallon of gasoline has 115,000 BTUs, Diesel has 131,300 BTUs, LP has 91,000, a # of propane has 21,600.

1000 peak surge watts / 800 rated running watts
Run time: 6.3 hours at 50% load
0.55 gallon fuel tank
4581 watts per gallon

[font=helvetica-neue,]2000 peak surge watts, 1800 rated running watts
7 hour run time at 50% load[/font]
1 Gal. fuel tank
6300 watts per gallon

You posted 2, no name, no model,no brand so I'm confused
I just got the 1000/800 19# champian in friday from home depot Model # 802085 Internet #300792167 Sportsman
1,000/800-Watt Gasoline Powered Digital Inverter Generator4.2 out of 5(363) Write a ReviewQuestions & Answers (128)
Compact for easy portability and storage - weighs just 19 lbs.
Sine wave power is clean and stable for sensitive electronics
1000 starting watts and 800 running watts.
1.3 HP 40cc engine, 4-stroke OHV, low oil shutdown, 5000 RPMRecoil start
One 120-Volt AC outlet and one 12-Volt DC outlet for battery charging
Run time: 6.3 hours at 50% loadDecibel rating: 56dB
Fuel type: unleaded gasoline, 0.55 Gal. fuel tank
Compact size and weight for easy transport
Sine wave gives clean, stable voltage for electronics safety
EPA approved and CARB compliant