Sportsman 1000i generator

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, this sounds like a two cycle engine where you have to mix oil with the gas. I didn't realize it was two cycle or we could have been more help sooner. If you take the carb apart, the gasket has a fuel pump part to it. A good idea to replace the gasket. Rebuild kits are usually less than $5 or used to be anyway.

Sorry. The description of the carb makes it sound like it is. I guess they repurpose the small carb from a two cycle to work on a small four cycle engine. I haven't seen one done this way before so is new to me. I have a harbor freight 700 watt genny that is two cycle. I thought maybe this was similar. Actually, my weedeater and gas blower have this type of carb too, all two cycle.

JRRNeiklot said:
Anyone know how to drain the carb in this thing?  Supposedly, there is a drain screw to loosen, but I can't seem to find it.
You can close the fuel valve while the generator is running and let run until it stops.