Spare Change? And more!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wanderer

Reaction score
I hit a laundry every week. I have met a young man (Chris) who is a former Marine.  Wounded he is trying to get back to working. We have chatted several times. I always see him head over to the car wash vacuums. I asked him why and he showed me.

In the photos provided I have made an arrow to a certain area of the vacuum line. There's a small offshoot section. This part collects heavy items, like coins, LOTS of coins. I have seen Chris get up to $4 every time and then he went for the main (Bottom) tank where everything else (Light stuff) collects. He hit a red letter day and found 2 $50 bills....I was really happy for him (I don't ever check them as it's HIS area)

That got him gas and him and GF a good dinner.

But wanted to toss it out for those looking for some easy cash (He can reach the ones here by just standing, some are higher)  and mostly coffee money.

Attachments

• car wash vaccuum.jpg
    car wash vaccuum.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 103
  • car wash vaccuum2.jpg
    car wash vaccuum2.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 80
Glad you support folks like that. Always worried about false valor situations. Any VET can get homeless help at any VA and they will give you a lot of help. Assume he is marine, and regardless anyone homeless deserves some help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Wanderer for the post but I don't see the arrow in the picture. Thanks!

That is most def STEALING those "traps" are there for the OWNER who paid for all the stuff to collect the money to add to there return on there investment. IE: the car wash facility that cost what $1+ million? depending on area. I own a laundry mat and get people "hacking" the change/vending machine for "free" money. right out of MY pocket.

Wanderer said:
I always see him head over to the car wash vacuums. I asked him why and he showed me . . . There's a small offshoot section. This part collects heavy items, like coins, LOTS of coins. I have seen Chris get up to $4 every time and then he went for the main (Bottom) tank where everything else (Light stuff) collects. He hit a red letter day and found 2 $50 bills.
I don't quite understand what he's doing. He just walks over to the hoses and opens up the part where coins get caught? Does he need a tool for doing that? Can he open it without turning on the vacuum, or does he make it look like he's using the vacuum?

I guess it would be like how people used to check the coin return on payphones IF it was open like that, but if it's something he has to open up, and look around to make sure no one sees him doing it, that sure seems like stealing to me.