Sophia's Hauler...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crisis averted... A couple of days ago, I was moving a box around in the van and placed it up on the bed. Then just now I realized it was 4 degrees ( FOUR not 14 or 24!!!)

AND I remembered in that box was a gallon jug of water.
Normally not a big deal. But at four degrees, holy cow batman!!! So, I rushed out and looked, fully expecting it to be all over everything.

Thankfully, it was not! I couldn't believe it! Saved!
Crisis averted! WOW! It is now resting in the kitchen sink, just in case that plastic coated block of solid ice chooses to let go!

Such Fun!!!

This is where low temps are on your side. Even if it had busted, it would still be frozen, and still no mess. Always look on the bright side.

Hi everybody! Sorry, I have been really lazy around here.
It's been cold, but I'm still Uber lazy.

Yesterday, I managed to get a manual switch installed just behind the passenger seat so that we can still have the overhead led's on the dimmer,but we won't have to climb in to shut them off now. The cheapo dimmer will randomly light the lights, even with no one in the van.

So rather than deal with it, I added the switch so the dimmers power is interrupted.
This way we can over ride the dimmer, and still have it when we want. That works...

I also installed a switch for the passenger side ciggy outlets, so they are hot when we need them and off when we don't! That works...

Sorry, no images, just usefulness!

Such Fun!!!

Today, I actually had great weather... Well, at first anyway...

Later it started raining AGAIN!!!

My project today was to fill the cargo doors with insulation. I cut up a 4 x 8 ft sheet into two foot strips as that seemed to fit in the cavities way better!

I paid careful attention to not obstruct the rods and latches, and kept trying as I went along...

When I thought I was finished with the right front cargo barn door, I closed it to see how it sounded. NICE, dull, solid.

I went to open it to continue, and it was locked, so I turned the key to unlock it.
Nope... It wouldn't open. CRAP!

I went around to the back and went in and began removing chunks to get it open.

Nope! Crap! Child lock must have engaged... Called the wife to come out to rescue me and let me out.

Ok, doors open now. I get out, and re close the door... NOPE CRAP, now what?
Won't latch..... The latch is tripping, it just won't latch...

CRAP, now the rain is really coming down now....

Took another look, the latch is working right, not pre tripped and won't rotate to engage,
it rotates properly, just won't catch and latch.....

OK, I'm done... Maybe, I'll continue tomorrow!

Does mean you will be hitting me up for a latch when I get back home. And did you turn those door stops around that were put on backwards like we talked about.

I did get the door check straps fixed using yours! THANK YOU!!!

And yes, I will be prolly needing a latch if mine is kaputzed!

When are you heading back this way? Lol!

Tomorrow, I'm going to back out there to see exactly what it's going to take to get it corrected!

If you end up removing/replacing the latch, find some way to disable the child lock. Those things are more trouble than they're worth. And I'm sure Sophie is smart enough to not open the door at speed.

I won't be back till the middle or end of March

It is warm out in az and cal days are 75 or 80 and it is cold in tn so no thanks till it warms up.

The non latching issue was clearly due to a random piece of stray insulation or something...
It’s all good now.

Because I can only post one image per post in here, due to an iPhone issue...

I have some images up on my fakebook, link below!

Had a great day yesterday, temps in the mid 70's, but it was a little windy....

Got the front dimmer override switch installed and cut myself two times doing that, lol!!!

Also finished up insulating all of the doors, and put the finished panels in place. Whew, now that was fun, NOTTTTT!

And I even managed to get the cover/door fit and covered for the passenger side rear cabinet....

Image for your viewing pleasure....

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    905.4 KB · Views: 38
It seems you've solved your dome light issue, congrats. And the cabinet work looks good.

Despite the warmer weather here as well, I've only managed to watch cat videos on YouTube.

Thx, Stan! Yep, still a work in progress!!! LOL!

And the dome light issue seems to linger... The front passenger door does not want to trip the dome light now.
When we were up north visiting TeamMuir1, it didn't work then it did... Now it does not.

Frankly, I almost don't really care about it any more. I will look into after we get out and about in the future, MAYBE???

And BTW, to avoid confusion, the override switch is for the house area in back and not for the factory system.
So there's that...

Dirty ground or bad switch on the dome light.  IMHO and personal experience over the years.

No. The light is fine. As Ive said in previous posts, the dome light works fine with all of the other doors...
Only the passenger side is intermittent. And as I said above, its a non issue for me right now...

But thx for trying.

Yep works well.

Downside are no thumbnails for people on limited bandwidth/data to preview before committing to a big download.

Got some more work done...

Tomorrow, I'll disassemble the entire cabinet, cover it, then reinstall it...

More pictures tomorrow evening, I promise!

And thanks for the feedback. I wish I could just share all of the van albums, but sadly, GP does not provide for that. Maybe I create a post with all of the albums indivdualy...?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bkPQ1avJcNUmUgr62