Some cool shuttle bus ideas

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterplumber

Reaction score
With all the posts on shuttle bus designs, I thought some might be interested in the bus in the link.

http://tinyhousetalk.com/1996-gmc-bluebird-bus-conversion/
Some of the ideas could probably work in the larger step vans also. Most of us probably can't afford to hire a "decor designer" and may not even care to. But I checked out her Facebook page and she does have some cool stuff.

Anything is possible if you can get an insurance company to cover it.

I was ready to drive 4 hours to go get a nice used step van. I couldn't find an insurance carrier. I was not a business, so commercial carriers did not want me, it was not converted to RV by a company so my auto insurance company didn't want it, and neither did any RV insurance carriers.
Before you buy something, get the VIN number and try to get insurance.

There's wise advice here.

It doesn't matter what the vehicle description is on the title. The insurance company uses the VIN to determine what their having to insure. Once a converted box van or truck has been reclassified as an RV though DMV, a new VIN and title will be assigned. It's the gray area during the conversion that's problematic. Until completed there's no sure way to assign a value to the effort and that's what insurance companies have a problem with.

Hmmm... Laundry sink makes a good shower/tub. Good low cost idea.

I was in an old Kenworth bus conversion (Yes, they made busses too)

the whole interior was cedar and redwood, tons of stained glass windows, it had a chrome barber's chair to lounge in, and had a polished brass horse troth for a bathtub! It was breathtaking!!