Solar

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandywine

Reaction score
I. Have reading most all reviews.  I think am going to put 1000 watt. Rather have to much than less. I am retired. And only have a very small check coming in. I do sewing. Then I've got to stay cool. Laptop, I use a some medical equipment  for my health. So I thought 1000 watt is what I need. I have a 20 ft. Touhauler. That I am working on. So if someone will tell me what I need to get. About how much money will I need. Then can I meet up with someone to install it for me. Boy, I'm asking a lot.

this is what you need to do,

1. figure out your daily usage
2. size your battery to #1
3. size your solar to #2

now if you want to disregard all that then you need to figure out how much room you have on your roof to see if you can even get 1000 watts up there. 1000 watts takes a lot of acreage.

keep this in mind,
it is always easier and cheaper to conserve power than it is to make it.

highdesertranger

What HDR said.

1000 watts of solar panel is a LOT.

Make a list of all the gadgets you intend to use, and estimate how many hours (or fractions of hours) you would use each in a typical day.

Somewhere on each of those gadgets is a permanent "label" which will tell you how many watts/volts/amps it uses.

Come back here with that info, and we can walk you through how to determine what that means in terms of how much power you need.

You must learn how to do this for yourself, because over time, you will be adding/changing gadgets, which will likely change your power needs.