Social Security - USA - ONLY FISCAL SOURCE

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey M76, if you have COPD you might want to reconsider staying at the Slabs. The air in that whole area is not so great.

Yeah I was just being stupid that day..&nbsp; I know I can't get anywhere near dust, fumes, gases etc etc<br>I spent 24 years breathing construction dust and now they pay me 442 a month to die slowly...<br>Colorado River anyone...&nbsp; I'm ready for some endless fun :::&nbsp; Can't wait!

I live on SSDI payments of over 1500 dollars a month. I opted out of Medicare as the Veteran Administration takes care of my medical needs. I fulltime in a 1988 Chevy G20 that's paid for. My expenses amount to auto insurance, cell phone bill and groceries. I am in the process of making a budget and so far my winging it has got me this far. I started out living in a tent and traveled by car. I was making car payments of 360 dollars a month at the time and when I made it to the RTR last year, I knew I had to get rid of the car. Thank God I was able to return the car and buy a van!

Hey Vonbrown,&nbsp; Great post.&nbsp; I'm getting closer every day and will be at 1500. mo plus eBay sales which is pretty constant so glad to hear you're doing well.&nbsp; Don't think I'd do well in a van though.&nbsp; I'm still looking at a 5th wheeler toy box.&nbsp; I have a lot of toys I want to use along the Chevron way!&nbsp; M

Vonbrown - thanks for your service. was in reserves ten years, never activated. so a veteran - non veteran status for me. &nbsp;glad you can get medical care.&nbsp;<br><br>you are better owning a van. that is one year of payments to get you a possible van.&nbsp;

Thanks Morgan and offroad for your encouraging words. I had asked my primary care doctor about VÀ services while on the road and he gave me a short answer. "Yes, you can go to any VA hospital". What I found is you must register with the hospital first and we all know how long the "red tape" can be. Thank God I haven't needed medical care yet. One other thing I want to point out about VA services. I have a Mail Forwarding service in SD and changed my address with the VA. Now when I order my meds, they go to SD and my Mail Forwarding service will send them to me. Mind you, I recently put this in practice, meaning I actually spoke to Veterans Services and the pharmacy and was assured that all will be, will be. I am currently in NY state visiting family and friends and will head for SD at the tail end of August. I plan on visiting my Mail Forwarding service to pick up my meds personally. We shall see what we shall see.

Vonbrown - am pretty certain you could go to any VA and get some medicine to hold you over, but check on that.<br><br>

You guys should check out "jordansname" on YouTube. Awesome vandweller that is paraplegic and lives in his van and sail boat (canoe with home made sail). Total inspiration. And he does it on SSD

Latest posts