Sleeping on a cot - opinions?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walmart has bed strong frame by Spa Sensations that adjust from twin to full size bed... We have Sienna and it works as two twin frames with our 2 tri-fold foam mattresses 75sp x 25" x 4" by Cushy Form The frames are by Spa Sensations allows for 14 " storage bins under frames ... Franes can easily fold up and stow away 4" wide box

ruecollins said:
Walmart has bed strong frame by Spa Sensations that adjust from twin to full size bed... We have Sienna and it works as two twin frames with our 2 tri-fold foam mattresses 75sp x 25" x 4" by Cushy Form The frames are by Spa Sensations allows for 14 " storage bins under frames ... Franes can easily fold up and stow away 4" wide box

What generation Sienna do you have? How comfortable are the mattresses? Thanks

I’m thinking of using a hammock, but I can sleep just about anywhere. ;)

What others have said about just trying it out and see how it works for you is the best at to go. I do like the idea of being able to fold it up and put it away when not in use.

I have been sleeping in a hammock in my Dodge Grand Caravan with a DIY Pop Top for some time now. Here is a link to my van tour.  

I used a cot I bought at Walmart, a Coleman, in the back of a Ford Transit Connect. Just for weekend trips, but found it to be adequate and slept well on it. I could keep supplies underneath for storage in plastic crates. I had another layer of mattress on top of the cot which helped with comfort. Slept in a sleeping bag on top.

Check out Moonpods. Just like the 70s and 80s when you had some beanbag chairs in your pot smoke filled van...except these are huge and you could actually sleep on one. Very comfy and warm underneath you too. I'm considering it since I already own one. :)

I have an air mattress I sleep on in the Jeep's cargo compartment w the seats down. I cover it with an old sleeping bag for insulation in the winter and deflate it to save space. It's very comfy. I use the SUV tent as a kitchen, living room, and the dog's bedroom so I don't need a cot. If I did, I'd probably use my zero gravity chaise lounge since it folds up nicely.

Cheers