Size standards and general whining

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanC

Reaction score
If I was president I would immediately sign an amendment to make sizes more standard - it seems everything needs a reducer connection. Today's discovery was that  the barbed fill fitting from the water tank and the outside fill inlet being different diameters (not to mention that the filler unit I bought barely reaches through the 1 inch wall and 1/2 inch ply inside - don't know how I'll get a hose clamp on THAT ). So, for an 18 inch length of hose I'll have to have a reducer. And another thing - to get the 8 inch piece of hose I need to go from the tank to the pump, I have to buy 10 feet of it. I'm sure there's someplace 30 miles away who sells it by the foot or somewhere online where I could get it a week later, but jeeeeez.........Just doing the simple hookup of the tank to the pump to the sink has involved 7 suppliers (including the sink and faucet )

One thing I've discovered is that in pricing this project is that simply adding up the various components doesn't even come close. Every trip to Home Depot is another 50 bucks minimum, and there have been lots and lots of those.

I hear you Ian. everybody wants their very own size so you need to go back to them for replacement parts. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
I hear you Ian.  everybody wants their very own size so you need to go back to them for replacement parts.  highdesertranger

Sears photo studio used to print their photos in non standard sizes, and guess who was the only retailer that sold frames in those sizes